[SOLVED] EVGA 700 GD SLI compatible?

matthewgough47

Reputable
Oct 9, 2017
Hi, I have an EVGA 700 GD 80+ Gold in my old secondary rig.

I was wondering if I'm able to use two GTX 960's in SLI with it? I already have one 960 and I have a friend selling one for 50€ so though it might be a way of putting some life in an old rig that doesn't get much use anymore.

Any comments are appreciated :)

Solution
Do you really have to do it?
What are the rest of your pc specs,there might be a way to better spend those 50 euros,than buying another card for SLI'ing which is first not supported by many games nowadays,second not worth moneywise,third you can actually get worse performance.
Do you really have to do it?
What are the rest of your pc specs,there might be a way to better spend those 50 euros,than buying another card for SLI'ing which is first not supported by many games nowadays,second not worth moneywise,third you can actually get worse performance.

Solution

matthewgough47

Reputable
Oct 9, 2017
Thanks for your replies guys,

The specs of the pc are a Fx-8320 @4Ghz with a H90 cooler, mobo is a msi 990fxa, ram is 8gb 1866mhz (2x4) and it has a 500gb ssd boot drive.

I don't really play any of the newer games even on my main pc so that's not really an issue. Gta5, AOE3, Civ5, BO2, Skyrim, Witcher 3, Battlefield 4, CSGO, Killing Floor 2 and Left 4 Dead are some of the games that get played the most on it when I have friends over.