Oct 10, 2020
Hello! I've been having this problem ever since I built my new PC (roughly two weeks ago). When originally installing windows on my computer, I used my second monitor so I could still use my main computer with my better monitor. After everything was successfully installed, I moved over my new computer and plugged everything in. Here is the problem, the monitor I originally installed windows with was working just fine, with its proper resolution and refresh rate etc. the second monitor though (different resolution and refresh rate), only works in "Duplicate Displays" mode, and whenever set to "Extend Displays", turns black and says "No Signal". The weird thing is, when it is in extend displays mode, it is set as the main monitor and Windows recognizes that it is there. In fact, it works normally, you can drag windows there and apps open on their by default, you just can't see anything besides black. If someone could please tell me how to use both of my monitors in extend displays mode that would be great :) The monitor is not damaged as it worked fine on my previous computer. It is currently plugged in using an HDMI to DVI converter (the graphics card is too old to support HDMI, a GTX 275 (yikes). Thanks to anyone who can help :)

Oct 10, 2020
Nonono, I installed the OS on the system I am using I just mean that the monitor I had plugged in at that time was my secondary one. Then, when everything was installed, I hooked up the system to all my peripherals, and then I found the problem with my main monitor not working.