Facebook Not Loading.....PLZ HELP ME!!!!

coveredbenefits

Honorable
Aug 12, 2012
Why won't my Facebook load up? It does sometimes after I clear out cache & cookies, but then it only works for about 10 clicks of a mouse then it just spins and spins waiting for a pgae to load that never does. This is strange and I also performed a sfc /scannnow....that did not work either. All my other computers loads facebook up just fine and all on the same network. FAcebook is the only page I have issues with and it is getting so frustrating!

Thank you

coveredbenefits

Honorable
Aug 12, 2012

I am using IE and everything worked just fine until about a month or so ago. All other computers as I mentioned are fine....no issues at all and they are all on the same home network!

sscultima

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
im wondering if IE is just having issues after perhapes a windows update or something else, have you tried using something else like firefox or google chrome? if you try either of those and have no issues then IE has some sort of issue.

coveredbenefits

Honorable
Aug 12, 2012

That is what I thought, so I have been trying to run both Firefox & Chrome. Same issues though. Either it doesn't load or if it does, it is only good for a few clicks of the mouse and then it won't load any fresh pages. The hourglass just continues to spin and if I leave it go to see if it may take a while, it will still never load up. I left it alone for 2 hours once and nothing. ????

sscultima

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
odd indeed, do you know how to run a memtest with memtest86+? could be something hanging in memory, also how long since you installed windows on that system? It could be that you may just have to re-install windows, sadly.

I would also run a hard drive test just to be safe, and check all your currently installed programs, and maybe even run a virus and malware scanner.

I know that is a lot for such a small issue, but is it just facebook that is causing the issue? make sure all your security settings in IE are all set to open

coveredbenefits

Honorable
Aug 12, 2012

I do not know how to run a memtest? Also, what do you mean by "make sure all your security settings in IE are all set to open"....maybe that is also something I could perform if you would be kind enough to explain please. Thank you!!!!

dingo07

Distinguished

I would be happy to hear what version it is exactly, and where you obtained it...

not to mention why you might have a version of windows only in alpha (if that), and not know how to run a mem test...

coveredbenefits

Honorable
Aug 12, 2012

Well, the computer itself came with Windows 7 and I just purchased the computer in March. An upgrade message came up from Hp and asked if I wanted to upgrade to Windows 9 of which I did about 2 months ago I guess......and no, I do not know how to run a mem test....you are correct. Is it difficult? I am not computer illiterate, but my industry is insurance....not computers. I get by but am obviously not a tech by any stretch. What I am saying is that I can follow directions if you would be so kind!

dingo07

Distinguished
OK, fair enough.

Click the START button in the lower left-hand corner of the screen and in the "Search programs and files" box type winver

1 program will show up at the top of the list - winver.exe

click that program once and it will open a About Windows window

report what information is there, please

coveredbenefits

Honorable
Aug 12, 2012

No I have not......how do I do that? It is a 64 bit.

G

u will be better off if u go to facebook help section. Once saw a link like "known issues of facebook" or something like that. Mostly they will tell u to clear cookies etc. Is ur flash player up-to date? Also try opera. Also try to log in-to windows with a new user account.

coveredbenefits

Honorable
Aug 12, 2012

Version 6.1 Version 7601 Service Pack 1 Windows 7 Home Premium........

coveredbenefits

Honorable
Aug 12, 2012

It says:
Version 6.1 Version 7601 Service Pack 1 Windows 7 Home Premium........