[SOLVED] Fan header amp draw (multiple fans 1 header) - MSI x570 Gaming Plus

Does it work

Reputable
Jun 3, 2017
So I have Masterbox TD500, yes there are better cases, but i have what I have. It has 3 fans running on molex (as the cables were a tad short to reach the headers on their own), I found a 3 way splitter in my things, it would allow me to get a fan curve to let the computer run a little quieter (its only noticeable when there is no other sounds, but QoL you know). But for the life of me, I can't find the amperage rating of the msi x570 gaming plus, so does anyone know if those 3 fans (Don't know the model (thus the draw), its not on the fan or any td500 info I can find).

So does anyone know if it would be safe to put the 3 fans onto one of the headers? I'd rather not ruin it for a change that only affects me when its otherwise completely silent, but will take the change if i can.

Solution
I'm not seeing anything regarding the spec for that either....which is unfortunately pretty normal.
Although I am seeing 4 system fan headers on that MB. Is there not a way you can use two of them?
In general....from what I've seen.....fan headers are at least 1 amp.
So if you find the model of those fans.....and the current rating....I think you will be fine as long as the total stays under one amp.....which I think is probably the most likely case.

Does it work

Reputable
Jun 3, 2017
In general....from what I've seen.....fan headers are at least 1 amp.
So if you find the model of those fans.....and the current rating....I think you will be fine as long as the total stays under one amp.....which I think is probably the most likely case.
Yes that would be the problem, I would imagine it to be fine, but as i don't know if the fans are under .3 each or if the header is actually a 2amp like many other x570 headers, but I can't find either of those for the life of me

Does it work

Reputable
Jun 3, 2017
I'm not seeing anything regarding the spec for that either....which is unfortunately pretty normal.
Although I am seeing 4 system fan headers on that MB. Is there not a way you can use two of them?
I mean, I could, but there would be no point as the 3rd would still make the sound

Turns out the very bottom fan (closest to the headers) had some sort of weird mounting which let it sit back a tiniest fraction and just reach header 4
So much nicer now, sadly, i accidentally culled my cpu curve while setting the dc rates :(

Last edited: