shadidd

Prominent
Sep 12, 2021
Bought a new laptop(Asus zenbook pro duo OLED 12th gen i7 1200H , irisxe graphics)

Whenever I scroll through the internet like quara and reddit the fan quickly goes from idle to normal speed and in a couple of seconds abruptly stops.. It does it everytime I scroll for more than 5 seconds and becomes very annoying to the point it sometimes becomes unbearable. It even does it when typing the fan will kick on and then turn off.

Wehn looking at temps it stay on avarage around 52 C but when i suddenly scroll it can shoot upto 60Cbut that coudlnt be the reason as sometimes the temp doesnt change when scrolling but the fan still takes off. when reading the temp doesnt go above 54C and the fan may still kick on. Replaced t.e laptop but the same thing happens on the replacement,

ps: the fan doesnt go full power but from silent to medium and keeps doing that

Ralston18

Titan
New laptop with warranty - correct?

And this is the second (a replacement) laptop that did the same thing - likewise correct?

Did the laptop(s) have the fan problem right from the start or did the fan problems begin after some configuration change or added software?

Take a look at what all is being launched on the laptop at startup. Could be some buggy or corrupt background app causing the problem. Look in Task Manager and Resource Monitor to learn more.

If nothing is found, then again take the laptop back to the seller for repair or replacement. (Are you sure that they really replaced the first one?) Check the serial number beforehand.

shadidd

Prominent
Sep 12, 2021
New laptop with warranty - correct?

And this is the second (a replacement) laptop that did the same thing - likewise correct?

Did the laptop(s) have the fan problem right from the start or did the fan problems begin after some configuration change or added software?

Take a look at what all is being launched on the laptop at startup. Could be some buggy or corrupt background app causing the problem. Look in Task Manager and Resource Monitor to learn more.

If nothing is found, then again take the laptop back to the seller for repair or replacement. (Are you sure that they really replaced the first one?) Check the serial number beforehand.
1:yes
2:yes
3:Now that you mention i just realized when first opened it didnt do that, but after some windows update and bios update it started doing so. I reinstalled windows and pause the main updates, but then the problem still persisted, but i just rememebered the bios update never happened again meaning that could have casued the problem?

4: I just turned every app possible off during startup
5:my noob eyes couldnt really catch anything(hate windows 11)
6: I actually eneded up buying from a different vendor

TRENDING THREADS