oliver.kausland

Commendable
Sep 15, 2018
Hi,
so I just overclocked my GPU and when I was going to save it I started thinking about the fan speed.
When i'm saving it, should i set the fan speed to around 75 (thats where I liked the GPU temperature) or auto or something low?
This may be an obvious question, but I just want to do it right.

(using msi afterburner)

Mockingjason

Commendable
May 22, 2019
If you always have headphones on, I would recommend to put it on 100% if noise isn't the case. Tell me what temperatues your GPU gets at (while gaming), at what fan speeds and I'll tell you. Auto could be a little annoying since the fan speeds would change over and over.

oliver.kausland

Commendable
Sep 15, 2018
If you always have headphones on, I would recommend to put it on 100% if noise isn't the case. Tell me what temperatues your GPU gets at (while gaming), at what fan speeds and I'll tell you. Auto could be a little annoying since the fan speeds would change over and over.
But if i have it on 100% won't it go on it all the time, even when i'm not gaming? it got around 60 on 75%

Mockingjason

Commendable
May 22, 2019
Open up MSI AB. Click on the little cogwheel underneath the fan speed value (NOT the cogwheel on its left). Go to "Fan". Check "enable user defined software automatic fan control". Then blow that, you can see a green line that goes up and down. Click and drag all of the little gray dots on as high up as they go. Then click OK.