Feb 1, 2022
Hi guys!

If I enabled fast or ultra fast boot I keep seeing the manufacturer logo and I can access to the bios from boot, I don't see any improvement, is this normal or I'm missing something?

Thanks!

System specs:
AORUS Z390 elite (F10 bios update)
MSI RTX 2060 Ventus (511.65 drivers)
i5 9400f + Hyper 212 Cooler
Team group SSD GX1 480gb
Team T-Force Dark 16GB (2x8GB) 2666MHz DDR4
WD Blue 1TB HDD
Windows 11 Pro 21H2
PSU Thermaltake TR2 700w (5 years old)

Solution
its supposed to show during Fast boot
Fast Boot is a feature in BIOS that reduces your computer boot time. If Fast Boot is enabled: Boot from Network, Optical, and Removable Devices are disabled. Video and USB devices (keyboard, mouse, drives) won’t be available until the operating system loads.
But it shouldn't during ultra fast boot
The Ultra Fast Boot feature by Gigabyte skips the POST screen from where you can normally press DELETE to go to BIOS. This way the computer boosts faster but you won’t be able to go to BIOS when you boot. You’ll have to restart into UEFI Firmware Settings from Windows.
link

the gains with having it on compared to off are tiny really -...

Colif

Win 11 Master
its supposed to show during Fast boot
Fast Boot is a feature in BIOS that reduces your computer boot time. If Fast Boot is enabled: Boot from Network, Optical, and Removable Devices are disabled. Video and USB devices (keyboard, mouse, drives) won’t be available until the operating system loads.
But it shouldn't during ultra fast boot
The Ultra Fast Boot feature by Gigabyte skips the POST screen from where you can normally press DELETE to go to BIOS. This way the computer boosts faster but you won’t be able to go to BIOS when you boot. You’ll have to restart into UEFI Firmware Settings from Windows.
link

the gains with having it on compared to off are tiny really - https://forum.gigabyte.us/thread/6302/fastboot-feature-work - this on a Z390

I can't see any reason why its showing post unless its not actually using UFB. Link above shows it didn't always work on Z390.

Last edited:
Solution