Few possibly dumb questions ;). (sims2 university)

1) When I installed university, I had the 3 default neighborhoods and
2 custom. My two custom neighborhoods show up on
the...uhh...neighborhoods screen (the screen where you choose what
neighborhood to visit). The default neighborhoods do NOT. I didn't do
anything weird with cheats or the like that I can think of.
Interestingly enough (at least to me), they show up under SimPE. Just
not under the game, itself. Any way to get them to show up so I can
play in them, as well?

2) Anyone know where they hide the default students for each uni bin?
What I'd _like_ to do is bring the default students who are 'supposed'
to attend La Fiesta Tech, and instead send them to Sim State
University.

3) This goes back to playing the original game. How do you package
sims so that you can use them in the "Create a Sim" builder, after
they're already in the game? I have a pair of sims that I really like
-- so much that I'd like to have their DNA/templates available for
Create-A-Sim. But. they're already in the game. How do I get a 'copy'
out, without losing the original sims?

TIA for any responses!
Gwen

Well, unless this has changed with University, you can't do this. The only
way is to put your two on a lot somewhere and package them up as a family
(as though you were going to upload them to the Exchange or send them to a
friend). Then you can save the Sims2pack file and re-install it every time
you want to play them again. I make all my sims in Bodyshop and then I can
save and re-use them from there but that doesn't follow when you get sims
you really like from breeding - i.e. in the game during gameplay.

Best wishes
Maxon