[SOLVED] First Gaming PC wont Post or turn on

Jan 24, 2020
So, i have been watching tons of videos on how to build a pc and what to do and get and the parts. So lets get onto it, i just bought a Ryzen 3 1200, GA-A320M-S2H Micro ATX mother board and 1 stick of DDR4 Ram From Ballistix and Matrexx 30 case. Thats what i bought and what i had already was Hard-Drives and a power supply. I put it all together making sure not to break anything and i hit the switch on the power supply and it . . . didn't work. i dont know why i have done lots of testing i tested the power supply fan with a paper clip it does spin but not on the bored. and i did pull the board out of the case and try it that way still nothing. i plugged in my wifi usb to the back of the board witch has a light on it to see if it was getting power and it was but it was very dim witch then i was confused so i tried everything again but still nothing. so at this point i almost except failure but then i try powering the switch with a screwdriver and i here a click noise from the power supply but only 1 then if i try again it doesn't do anymore clicks or anything so i decided to come here and write this to see if anyone could help me figure this out. and to me i think the mother board i just bought might be dead but i wanna ask other before i just go out and buy another. And sorry for the rant but i have been waiting awhile to do this and for it to just not start kind infuriating but thank you in advance!

neonzz

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2011
It does sound like it's your power supply is not supplying enough power on a side not get another stick of ram it's cheap now and you will not get the best experience if your using single channel

So, i have been watching tons of videos on how to build a pc and what to do and get and the parts. So lets get onto it, i just bought a Ryzen 3 1200, GA-A320M-S2H Micro ATX mother board and 1 stick of DDR4 Ram From Ballistix and Matrexx 30 case. Thats what i bought and what i had already was Hard-Drives and a power supply. I put it all together making sure not to break anything and i hit the switch on the power supply and it . . . didn't work. i dont know why i have done lots of testing i tested the power supply fan with a paper clip it does spin but not on the bored. and i did pull the board out of the case and try it that way still nothing. i plugged in my wifi usb to the back of the board witch has a light on it to see if it was getting power and it was but it was very dim witch then i was confused so i tried everything again but still nothing. so at this point i almost except failure but then i try powering the switch with a screwdriver and i here a click noise from the power supply but only 1 then if i try again it doesn't do anymore clicks or anything so i decided to come here and write this to see if anyone could help me figure this out. and to me i think the mother board i just bought might be dead but i wanna ask other before i just go out and buy another. And sorry for the rant but i have been waiting awhile to do this and for it to just not start kind infuriating but thank you in advance!
Did you make sure to plug in the CPU power in the top left 8 pin connection with the 4+4 CPU power plug from the PSU that should also be labeled CPU? What PSU do you have and are you also using a GPU that requires a power plug?

Last edited: