Five Ways Apple Can Fix the iPad

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

counterpart

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
Thumbs up for the article. I hope someone at Apple reads this. This is so far the best (because reasonable) feature request list I've seen. If the above gets implemented, I might buy one. Otherwise I'll stick with my iPhone and Windows laptop.

counterpart

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
Thumbs up for the article. I hope someone at Apple reads this. This is so far the best (because reasonable) feature request list I've seen. If the above gets implemented, I might buy one. Otherwise I'll stick with my iPhone and Windows laptop.

G

A tablet pc? You probably own a zoon too. Come on people. You moaned about iPods, yet nothing compares. You moaned about iPhones, yet nothing compares. A pc tablet? There is nothing like this device and it will lead the industry as do all Apple products. Stop your whining, accept that Phil is a supreme loser and trust Steve. Steve is your friend.

G

Great words made, happy too have read they are enabling VOIP over 3G. When i first read about it i imagined an Iphone on Steroids that couldn't even make a call on 3G

Also the SD card slot is a massive let down i was imagining using this at presentations too show case my photo's but now i find out i have too buy a small dock that turns the 30pin adapter into a SD slot, yet again they try too make more money on top of it

dogman-x

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2006
The iPad weighs 1.5 pounds and is 1/2 inch think. The MSI U160 weighs 2.2 pounds and is less than 1 inch thick. For an extra 0.7 pounds, you get a real keyboard, plus a whole lot more. And the MSI U160 is $150 less expensive...

togenshi

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2008
how hard is it to get a mac book, make the lcd screen face out and put touch screen and 3G in? That would've been the perfect tablet pc.

m-manla

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
I actually agree with everything on this post. People will catch Apple fast. Flash and Multitasking is a big oooppps on Apples part.

cmartin011

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2010
I can say this too apple too little too late! Bad investment? Beaten by 300$ netbook? Wanna see ebay flooded with thousands of these things for dirt cheap?

socalboomer

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2008
[citation][nom]ferozerville[/nom]All of the points you made can easily be fixed from the software side, and you could just have a display port out added to the dock or as an accessory, and you can just wirelessly transfer data nowadays screw even wasting money on or even using a sd card.[/citation]

strange, my DSLR has an SD card slot and no wireless . . . so no, I won't "screw even wasting money on or even using a sd card"

G

The iPhone supports tabbed browsing just fine, so I'm assuming the iPad will be the same.

Also there are products that let you do video out from the dock connector. These will also probably work with the iPad.

G

Its a niche device - it will not replace laptops, it was not meant to. That is the press hype.

I would originally railed against the product and hated on it for two weeks, I would have liked a full tablet computer from Apple, but come to think of it, my bitching was premature, and iPad does what I need it to.

I have a desktop and laptop for all the tough stuff and real computing, and my laptop is overkill for most of my traveling, all the features I wanted and paid for on my laptop, I rarely use. Never used my card reader, never use my cd drive, almost never use my usb ports....... The ipad fits those who don't need all that stuff and just want a simple device. And with the Drop Box app, which creates a desktop hot folder to sync docs to the iPad, who needs a usb stick to transfer files?

I use my iPad as a notepad with voice dictation, an ipod, and browsing device, and the lack of flash is because flash SUCKS. Even the sites that use flash do not work on other mobile devices because mouse overs are all messed up and don't work well with touch screens anyway.

G

i still need this device to control my misille so I can nuke Silicon Valley

Status
Not open for further replies.