Folding@Home: THGC Needs You -Team 40051

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

protokiller

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2008
I've got my 9600GSO (G92 version) folding away most of the day, not everyday or during gaming tho, I hear these are great little folding cards so I've come to help the cause!

I don't fold with my 3.2GHz E8200 as it does not seem like it's worth it considering how much faster and more efficient the GPU client is.

Welcome to the team and a big thanks for joining.

SidVicious

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2002

I mentionned it some pages ago :

SidVicious

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2002
Nah, six instances of 2K8 R2 STD VMs running A3 SMP off the hosts HDDs, didn't get the initial setup right, learned after the fact that it involved command line voodoo thrown at ESX as you're setting the VMs up to force the guest OS into seeing a two 4 physical & 4 HT cores CPU per socket.

The guest OS see cores as discrete CPU sockets so the OS liscense gets in the way, will switch them to a proper linux based OS as we transition to production, already got the foodchain sorted so the F@H VMs get the very last bite at the computing morsels, I named the VMs "hungry puppies" since "slopsuckers" could have been percieved as something offensive by management types.

[VENT]

Just in case you guys are wondering why the f'ck it is taking me so long to put such a small cluster into production here's the deal:

Server got racked by 3rd party (along with a bunch of tie wraped power cables even a seriously retarded amobea would have percieved as done wrong), we visit and find out that they shipped the servers with a pair of 10Gb XF SR instead of a pair of 10Gb AF DA despite us stating that we will be using SFP+ Twinax to link them to a pair of 8024 and an EqualLogic 6510E, all of which were ordered as a bunch.

Had to wait two months for the AF DA to be delivered, I can't tell you how frustrating is is to have f'cking hot hardware liying there unusable because some numbnut went "Hurr Durr dem 10Gb cardz r teh same Derp!"

I won't even mention the so called expert that spent 8 hours configuring the switches wrong.

[/VENT]

And f'ck yeah I'm folding on that hardware !

I guess so. :lol:
har.jpg

shovenose

Distinguished
WTF??? i think that those 2 comments were by the same person, just with 2 different accounts...they are both equally random and that person desnt know english very well! I WONDER>>>MAYBE IT WAS OSAMA BIN LADEN!!! run...were all gonna die...................
NOT!!!

NeeKo

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2010
I just downloaded the simple client there, is there anything I can do, this just puts one CPU on 100%! I dont understand much honestly didnt take the time to read anything at all

Haserath

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
Do you need a virtual machine to run two of the SMP2 clients?

Is there any way to get a different core besides the Fahcore_79 on SMP2?

Just wondering to see if I could speed things up here ;) .

NeeKo

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2010
What do you consider to be a Decent GPU?
No way it takes a day, im already at 50% and its only been on for 3 hours or so

Status
Not open for further replies.