Info For those having problems with HDMI not being recognized by HP DV6 Pc or AMD RADEON 5000 SERIES

Mar 17, 2019
I have found a solution that can solve this:

I have found a solution that automatically detects a monitor in my DV6 HP computer with a Radeon 5000 series Graphics. All you have to do is download the ADM Crimson Beta software. YOU MUST UNINSTALL THE catalyst one that comes with Windows.

As soon as I got rid of the Catalyst AMD software for setting up and placed the Crimson ADM software, it AUTOMATICALLY detected my Monitor (Hannspree brand)
Download here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-17-11-4

There was no need to update anything, change any settings on sound or anything at all. Seems the trick is just a software thing.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: thefatkid
Mar 17, 2019
thanks for the addition to the forum, but this ain't no question

I realize this sir, but someone will appreciate the information and I did not know where to put it. After trying to fix this problem for 3 days, I though it would be a nice service to the community.

Mar 17, 2019
Welcome to the forum. We (the moderation) decide what's allowed to be posted or not. This is not a good way to introduce yourself here.

My apologies for not introducing myself properly. Nevertheless, I think it is a good piece of information and regardless of my omitting my formal and polite introductions, it is useful!

I hope you see the benefits of the input and I extend my apologies if any feelings were hurt.
Luca

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
My apologies for not introducing myself properly. Nevertheless, I think it is a good piece of information and regardless of my omitting my formal and polite introductions, it is useful!

I hope you see the benefits of the input and I extend my apologies if any feelings were hurt.
Luca

That wasn't directed at you, it was directed at the person who replied to your post so rudely.