Question Fortnite frames choppy..help

ryann39

Reputable
Nov 19, 2017
Hello,
I have noticed that when I play Fortnite, my frames get choppy sometimes. The frames seem to go down and become laggy when I look at something. For example, a game like Fortnite the frames go down and become choppy and stutter when I look at a certain part of the air or turn around in fortnite. Any reason why this is? Whenever i spin or move a lot sometimes they become choppy but other times they stay at 144 FPS. Any fix for this? Recently my PC was stuck restarting so I pressed and held the power button and turned it off, maybe that could have done something. Is there a fix for the choppy frames without making my game too bad, or ruining the gameplay?

ryann39

Reputable
Nov 19, 2017
There really no disadvantage to Gsync.

As far as temps, how high are we talking? If your CPU or GPU are reach there thermal limits then you could have thermal throttling which will cause performance drops.

on idle, my gpu temps can get to 50C to 56C depending on the temperature of my room. But when im gaming, my GPU temp can get to 70-77 or 78C.
when I look around in fortnite sometimes my frames drop but then if I turn back they go to 144. I do not know what to do for best oerformace and frames.