Question Fresh build boots somtimes random crashs

Mar 9, 2019
Hello all I am a relatively new to the world of PCs. I just recently finished my build and it will only post sometimes and when it does post/boot it will run for a few hours then it will crash. by crash i mean it gives me no acces to my monitor or usbs. My build is

cpu ryzen 5 2600x
mb ROG STRIX x470-f gaming
Graphics geforce rtx 2070
i have already made sure all connections are good i have reseated everything including the cpu, gpu, fans, watercool, motherboard ive done every cable ran from the psu as well. Ive also tried the ram in different configurations the one thing i can say is that the ram is not the problem. Also when i restart the it from windows (not shutdown) it will reboot everytime, but if shutdown it will not reboot. Unfortunately i don't have another pc to test my parts in any help will be appreciated. Thanks!!

Ok - so the first two things that stokes me is this:
  • Careless against static electrisity, so while handling the components, they have got ESD damage.
  • Termal paste forgotten or not correctly applied, therefore rapidly temperature rising make the system very unstable.

Mar 9, 2019
Ok - so the first two things that stokes me is this:
  • Careless against static electrisity, so while handling the components, they have got ESD damage.
  • Termal paste forgotten or not correctly applied, therefore rapidly temperature rising make the system very unstable.
Thermal paste is applied properly and I have been running a hardware monitor cpu temp has never gone above 45c. If it was ESD damage how would I tell?

Hm that a funny conclusion. How can you tell? What measurements have you done in order to prevent it?

You just tell you're fresh in pc building, and you suddenly are positive that ESD cannot be the issue? This is one very common rookey mistake, along with overestimate the mainboard ability to withold bend (as when using force to insert ram modules).

Mar 9, 2019
Hm that a funny conclusion. How can you tell? What measurements have you done in order to prevent it?

You just tell you're fresh in pc building, and you suddenly are positive that ESD cannot be the issue? This is one very common rookey mistake, along with overestimate the mainboard ability to withold bend (as when using force to insert ram modules).
I did everything I could as someone without a a wrist band or something like that. I kept touching an unpainted part of the case to keep my self equal charge to what I was working on. I also did everything thing one item at a time leaving them inside the protective sleeves until I needed it. Like you said it’s almost impossible to tell unless you have a lot of experience In the field and the proper equipment. The symptoms I’m haveing don’t seem to line up exactly with what’s happening either (from what I’ve researched and from advice from a friend).

TRENDING THREADS