Question Friend building a custom pc and realized halfway through that case may not have enough airflow, any help?

dkottkamp

Reputable
May 22, 2019
My friend is building a custom pc and has already started installing the hardware, but we have no realized that the airflow may not be able to support the hardware (Though we are not entirely sure it won't) Any advice on if this case will suffice or what to do if it does not?
https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/PG866r

dkottkamp

Reputable
May 22, 2019
Where does this concern stem from?

Not many reviews, but Corsair USUALLY makes good cases. Only way to find out how it will perform is to complete the build and test it for yourselves.
I was mostly concerned about the tempered glass in the front, and I saw many youtube/website reviews complaining about bad airflow.

So that case doesn’t have the best airflow. However those components are not the hottest running either and I would be surprised if he cannot get acceptable temperatures.

I’m using a Fractal Design Vector RS which has a glass front but I also use the glass top as I prefer the look with the case beside me on the floor. I’m currently using a factory OC’d 3080 and a 5800X3D that is cooled by a 360mm AIO. I have no issues getting fairly decent temperatures. Would a case with better airflow get temps a few degrees lower, possibly but I’m never going to notice when already getting decent temperatures.

So that case doesn’t have the best airflow. However those components are not the hottest running either and I would be surprised if he cannot get acceptable temperatures.

I’m using a Fractal Design Vector RS which has a glass front but I also use the glass top as I prefer the look with the case beside me on the floor. I’m currently using a factory OC’d 3080 and a 5800X3D that is cooled by a 360mm AIO. I have no issues getting fairly decent temperatures. Would a case with better airflow get temps a few degrees lower, possibly but I’m never going to notice when already getting decent temperatures.

How about this one?

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/PWn8TW/corsair-5000d-airflow-atx-mid-tower-case-cc-9011210-ww