Question Frustrating FPS and LAG issues for AC SYNDICATE even after changing the settings to lowest possible through .ini file and res to 800x600

Sep 6, 2019
Even after changing the settings to lowest possible through .ini file and res to 800x600, i'm getting absolutely unplayabale FPS. Build: i5, 6GB, GT 730 1gb DDR5. Not ideal ik, but should be playable at those settings. I actually think that some other problem and not the build is the reason for unplayabale fps, what can it be? REALLY NEED HELP, DYING TO PLAY THIS GAME.

Sep 6, 2019
check cpu/gpu temp and usage when gaming. MSI afterburner is a good tool. Which I5 exactly?
i5 650 @ 3.2ghz. I know this build sounds very timid, but there are videos on youtube with people running it on PLAYABLE FPS on cards like 630m 1gb etc with 4 GB ram and a similar processor( my only hope). Also, will increasing the RAM to 8 gb help?

Sep 6, 2019
Which i5 CPU is that ? How much FPS are you actually getting ?? What's the GPU and CPU temp value while Gaming ? Monitor the usage as well. Do a CLEAN re-install of the GPU drivers, if need be.

Re-install the game as well. Which GPU driver version are you using ?
GPU TEMP: VARYING BW 63-70
GPU USAGE: 78-90
CPU TEMP: 69-75
CPU USAGE: SAME AS GPU
MEMORY USAGE: AROUND 3.5-4 GB

Did all those things like re installing game and checking gpu drivers

Sep 6, 2019
GPU TEMP: VARYING BW 63-70
GPU USAGE: 78-90
CPU TEMP: 69-75
CPU USAGE: SAME AS GPU
MEMORY USAGE: AROUND 3.5-4 GB
during gaming
there is an overlay that you can see those numbers on top left/right corner.
also, for some reason i get around 30 fps in certain places in the game, where the environment is much less detailed, otherwise, it's always 5-7 fps

Sep 6, 2019
Which i5 CPU is that ? How much FPS are you actually getting ?? What's the GPU and CPU temp value while Gaming ? Monitor the usage as well. Do a CLEAN re-install of the GPU drivers, if need be.

Re-install the game as well. Which GPU driver version are you using ?
for most parts(95%) of the game, around 5-7 fps, in some certain surroundings around 30 fps

Sep 6, 2019
check task manager if there is any other process occupying CPU. However, it looks like the game is using full potential of your pc. It is time to upgrade.
i'll have to buy a new one to do that. its a small form factor cabinet and is 10yrs old. almost everything from mboard to basic components are outdated, in fact I installed gt 730 just 4 years back. So the only upgrade i can do is add 2GB of RAM more.

Sep 6, 2019
no, the ram is not gonna help.
Budget and country?
India. Budget is zero atm. I had to upgrade the RAM anyway and so I did, however it did not help much. But i really think something else can be the issue because there are tons of test vidoes on YT running it on a playable FPS in same or worse builds. Can some software issue like ReDistributables or etc be there?

However, it looks like the game is using full potential of your pc. It is time to upgrade.
Only if the CPU is keeping it's clocks, which for a small form factor and india in the summer is pretty tough.
75 degrees is close enough to the throttling limit to assume that it is throttling and still hitting the high temps.

arjunkansal0217 you have to check temps and also cpu clocks while running the game to see if it clocks down.

Reactions: Metal Messiah.
Sep 6, 2019
Only if the CPU is keeping it's clocks, which for a small form factor and india in the summer is pretty tough.
75 degrees is close enough to the throttling limit to assume that it is throttling and still hitting the high temps.

arjunkansal0217 you have to check temps and also cpu clocks while running the game to see if it clocks down.
did everything man. i can run fifa 19 on high settings at 40 fps, and alot of other games that were released after syndicate, but idk for some reason syndicate is just not giving playbale fps. In fact, ac rogue is running at med settings