Article G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 2x16GB Kit Review: No Lights, Nice Price

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Lately, tomshardware became weird, every time calling lack of rgb as cons:cautious:
It's pro as far as I'm concerned, everybody is int RGB and lights even for rarely seen components.
There you go. Not having RGB is a con when you're paying for it and not getting it, which has been the pricing scheme for some high-end modules. Not having RGB is a pro when you don't want it and don't have to pay for it.

Slesreth

Honorable
May 16, 2014
G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200

I would argure all prior pro/con arguments are invalid concerning the G.Skill Ripjaws V.

The G.Skill TridentZ is $355 at Newegg & Amazon - CAS/RAS 14-14-14-34 & tRC 75 - 1T - 1.35v Tested XMP 2.0; it is cheaper and faster. One is not getting charged for RGB that isn't there either.

For personal use I have set these timings and tested them manually as well as using the XMP profile. So the con for G.Skill Ripjaws V "Little tuning capability" would be a pro on the TridentZ as "Moderate tuning capability"

From my perspective their are no pros for the G.Skill Ripjaws V at all as long as the TridentZ is available.

Edit 6:30 CDT: Prices reflect market place sellers with 500 or more reviews and rated at 94% or higher. In all fairness.

Last edited:

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200

I would argure all prior pro/con arguments are invalid concerning the G.Skill Ripjaws V.

The G.Skill TridentZ is $355 at Newegg & Amazon - CAS/RAS 14-14-14-34 & tRC 75 - 1T - 1.35v Tested XMP 2.0; it is cheaper and faster. One is not getting charged for RGB that isn't there either.

For personal use I have set these timings and tested them manually as well as using the XMP profile. So the con for G.Skill Ripjaws V "Little tuning capability" would be a pro on the TridentZ as "Moderate tuning capability"

From my perspective their are no pros for the G.Skill Ripjaws V at all as long as the TridentZ is available.

Edit 6:30 CDT: Prices reflect market place sellers with 500 or more reviews and rated at 94% or higher. In all fairness.
The Ripjaws V is only $155 at Newgg.

Only $155 at Newegg

I can't take flak for the error in the "buy button". Well, I mean I can pass along the sentiment but I can't let it rest with me ;)

Last edited: