Question Game location on SSD or HDD

sohrab.p72

Prominent
Nov 29, 2017
Hi
as title, for loading the games in character screen like R6S, ghost recon wildland, league of legends and so on, should I locate my game files on SSD for loading faster or it just depends on the process of operation system so I should just install windows on SSD?

so loading games and their process does not depend on operation system?
because if so, installing operation system on SSD is a must.

I think you are confused about how the computer works. Everything the computer runs depends on the operating system. What does not matter is where you install the games. You need an operating system, on any drive, and you need to install the games, also on any drives. Best thing is to install the OS and programs on the SSD. If you are out of space, then have the OS on the SSD and you can install the programs on the second drive. Best thing is to just get a larger SSD, they are much cheaper now than they used to be. A 250gb one should be the minimum for any system used for more than basic web browsing and movie watching.

sohrab.p72

Prominent
Nov 29, 2017
A 250gb one should be the minimum for any system used for more than basic web browsing and movie watching.
I bought GigaByte GP-GSM2NE8512GNTD 512GB but didn't get it cuz bought it last night and they are shipping it for me and for the use of a computer, I'm a hardcore gamer and recently started learning SQL server and some other IT skills that installing their stuff take much space.

spencer.cleaves2

Upstanding
Jan 5, 2019
My rule of thumb: OS goes on SSD. If your primary use for your PC is gaming, then download the games in order of ones you play the most to the SSD until your until you run out of space on it. Basically, any software files that you consider the most important or most used should probably go on your SSD. Then everything else can go on your HDD.

In my case, I have my OS on my SSD, plus the games I play the most (Apex Legends, PubG, Counterstrike, Hitman 2, Aim Hero, and a couple more). Any multimedia or recording I do gets saved to my HDD. Hope this helps a bit.

USAFRet

Titan
You simply don't have enough SSD space... 🤣
Vd60kOB.png