[SOLVED] Games are almost Black/White

Jogibearson

Prominent
Dec 28, 2019
Today my new XFX RX 570 XXX RS whatever edition arrived. I upgraded from a 1050ti and used DDU in safe-mode to remove the NVIDIA drivers.
I installed the RX 570 drivers, muted systemsounds because of the Radeon Software beeping and wanted to test some games.
Overwatch ran fine, Ultra settings - 160 FPS
Apex Legends ran smooth, High settings >100FPS
CSGO, almost no colours and only a fraction of performance. Around like 120 FPS with microstuttering all over the place when it should easily hit 300 cap smoothly.
WoW, same as CSGO but without micro stutters.

Got the newest drivers from AMD. Fiddled with Colour-settings in Radeon Settings and Windows.
Literally don't know what do to and im quite sad since CSGO and WoW are my favourite games.

Solution
What type of connection are you using to attach to your display (HDMI, DVI, DisplayPort)?

I'm using DVI to get 144hz.

However I fixed it. I usually play CSGO with increased Saturation which is a built in feature for AMD. Not for NVIDIA.

For anybody in the future looking into this issue: disable VibranceGUI.

Jogibearson

Prominent
Dec 28, 2019
What are the specs for the rest of your system (make/model of all components, especially the PSU)?

Also, what type of connection are you using to attach to your display (HDMI, DVI, DisplayPort)? Any adapters?

I have a Asus B450M Prime which houses a Ryzen 5 2600X and 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz Ram. My PSU is a HKC 550W one but that surely is not faulty or anything since im playing Modern Warfare and BF5 without ANY issues. Both my CPU and GPU don't ever really cross the 65°C-mark. The 8-Pin Power connection comes straight out of my PSU because Adapters tend to send a PSU flying :)

Jogibearson

Prominent
Dec 28, 2019
Your PSU is of questionable quality. The question about adapters was in relation to your video connection type.

HKC is in my Opinion one of the best PSU manufacturers I've ever bought. BeQuiet! ones always shorted after a few weeks and thermaltake ones tend to not even work from the beginning.

But as I said, even the "heaviest" games run smooth and correct in every sense. How come such easy ones run without colour? Their usual color even shows when im just Alt-Tabbing.

Jogibearson

Prominent
Dec 28, 2019
What type of connection are you using to attach to your display (HDMI, DVI, DisplayPort)?

I'm using DVI to get 144hz.

However I fixed it. I usually play CSGO with increased Saturation which is a built in feature for AMD. Not for NVIDIA.

For anybody in the future looking into this issue: disable VibranceGUI.

Solution