Question Games scratch up but my computer can't detect a bottleneck

fixer.maul

Commendable
Mar 10, 2018
So, I have noticed that some games that I play scratch up a bit at hard parts to handle (the framerate will temporarily go to like 20-40 FPS). Examples are Spiral Knights, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood , Minecraft+mods. During those periods of scratch (not good performance), when I look at Task Manager, it shows that I'm only running my CPU at 30-40% (Actually, with Brotherhood in particular, my computer does show 100% usage at times) or so, my GPU at like 20%, and my RAM somewhere in that area as well. So, according to my computer, the game should not be scratching up. I looked at Game Debate, and my computer should be able to blow Assassin's Creed Brotherhood out of the water, so there should be ABSOLUTELY NO scratch on that game. When I play the same game on my brother's computer, the games can be run very smoothly. So I know it has something to do with my computer, but I'm not sure what. The reason why I put this under the "CPU" category, is because I suspect that the CPU is causing the bottleneck somehow. I think this because when I originally installed my CPU, the computer failed to boot. I later found out that the reason for that was because one of the pins in the CPU was bent. I re-bent it in the right position, and my computer was able to boot. Also, I think I've pretty much factored out my GPU being the bottleneck, because I switched GPUs with my brother, and the scratch continued, whereas there was no scratch on his computer with my GPU. This is an issue that has really been bugging me for a while. So I'd be eternally grateful if someone here could help me deduce what is causing my computer issues, and how to resolve it!

My computer specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 2200g
GPU: Nvidia Geforce gtx 660 (not ti)
RAM: 16 GB.
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix.

kanewolf

Titan
So, I have noticed that some games that I play scratch up a bit at hard parts to handle (the framerate will temporarily go to like 20-40 FPS). Examples are Spiral Knights, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood , Minecraft+mods. During those periods of scratch (not good performance), when I look at Task Manager, it shows that I'm only running my CPU at 30-40% (Actually, with Brotherhood in particular, my computer does show 100% usage at times) or so, my GPU at like 20%, and my RAM somewhere in that area as well. So, according to my computer, the game should not be scratching up. I looked at Game Debate, and my computer should be able to blow Assassin's Creed Brotherhood out of the water, so there should be ABSOLUTELY NO scratch on that game. When I play the same game on my brother's computer, the games can be run very smoothly. So I know it has something to do with my computer, but I'm not sure what. The reason why I put this under the "CPU" category, is because I suspect that the CPU is causing the bottleneck somehow. I think this because when I originally installed my CPU, the computer failed to boot. I later found out that the reason for that was because one of the pins in the CPU was bent. I re-bent it in the right position, and my computer was able to boot. Also, I think I've pretty much factored out my GPU being the bottleneck, because I switched GPUs with my brother, and the scratch continued, whereas there was no scratch on his computer with my GPU. This is an issue that has really been bugging me for a while. So I'd be eternally grateful if someone here could help me deduce what is causing my computer issues, and how to resolve it!

My computer specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 2200g
GPU: Nvidia Geforce gtx 660 (not ti)
RAM: 16 GB.
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix.
Is that 16GB one DIMM or two ? What clock speed on the RAM ? What resolution are you gaming ?