Gaming Graphics Charts For 2009: Updated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scook9

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
bout dam time. but thanks, I had been waiting for this. Makes me feel better about the pair of GTX 275's about to go into my system.

dmv915

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
I would like to see an oc'd gtx 260 on the charts sometime soon. Most of the oc'd cards have fallen in price below stock 4870 1 gig. I'd like to see how it compares.

baracubra

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2008
FINALLY!!!! I've been waiting for this for sooo long, Its been long overdue, but thx Tino and the crue, once again you re-grabed my attention and proved its worth visiting Toms!!!! :D

baracubra

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2008
[citation][nom]doomtomb[/nom]But wait, no Crysis or Warhead? Why?[/citation]

Yeah, I'd would be nice if these were added, as Crysis is still one of the most taxing games...

JeanLuc

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2002
I'm surprised the ATI cards fell behind in HAWX which is a game sponsored by AMD. And no Warhead or Crysis? I know Crysis is getting a old now but barring STALKER CLear Sky there isn't another game out there that pushes current hardware as hard as Crysis does. In fact my next video card is based on how well it can handle Crysis at 1920x1200 so I'm a bit disappointed to not see it's inclusion but I guess we have to move on at some point.

Overall good work, these charts are dead handy for quickly referencing a video cards potential.

baracubra

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2008
These charts are great, but in the future if you guys have time, are SLI and Crossfire solutions going to be included in these results?

cangelini

Contributing Editor
Editor
Jul 4, 2008
[citation][nom]mike989[/nom]I think this review is broken, i cannot get past "here's what we tested" there is no more links.[/citation]

Mike,

That's the end of the piece--it's only a four-pager to introduce the new charts. I put up a second story for today to make up for this one being so brief.

cangelini

Contributing Editor
Editor
Jul 4, 2008
[citation][nom]gellert[/nom]These charts are great, but in the future if you guys have time, are SLI and Crossfire solutions going to be included in these results?[/citation]

Gell,

I do believe SLI and CrossFire will be added in a separate update.

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2008
Nice charts. But I disagree on some games choices..Two unreal engine gamess?!! And -admittedly- one of them has a FPS cap !!..No demanding games as GTA IV or crysis?!! Should have included one of them at least.

cangelini

Contributing Editor
Editor
Jul 4, 2008
[citation][nom]avatar_raq[/nom]Nice charts. But I disagree on some games choices..Two unreal engine gamess?!! And -admittedly- one of them has a FPS cap !!..No demanding games as GTA IV or crysis?!! Should have included one of them at least.[/citation]

Avatar--I'll continue including GTA 4 in my standalone reviews for folks who still want to see numbers with this one.

rags_20

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2008
To people who cannot view it, go to Charts > Graphics to see. And yes, why no Crysis? I liked the older charts better. Much better. Its a disappointment.

alert101

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2006
Great, new charts. Looks nice!

Now, let's hope for updated CPU charts in the near future. Latest are from Q3 2008. Arf!

G

"JeanLuc". Well, what did you expect. This is Tom's Hardware a.k.a Nvidia's Hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.