Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
1)If you can, that is. 120GBs is pretty tight for an OS only drive.

2)It doesn't have to be the same company/sticks. What matters is that they are packaged together; all the compatibility testing was done already.
I would suggest bumping it up to a 2x 8GB kit though. Some games are pushing the boundaries of what 8GBs can handle - some have already exceeded that.
Memory behaves in a similar manner to storage; it too, slows down past a certain point - say, 75% or so. So even though you 'have enough', you never really want to use it all.

3)As long as your RX 580 isn't thermal throttling, then it should be fine. It has a temp limit of 90C, after which failure to control will make the gpu, and PC, shut off on you.
I would strongly suggest...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
2 flags:
1)Kingston A400 120GB SSD
That's one of those cheap, Dram-less SSDs, if I recall correctly. They lose a lot of speed when they are close to full, performing on par with, or worse than a HDD.
That's your C drive too, so it'll affect most of your programs. Clear some space, or get a bigger drive.

2)Single channel memory config
That USED to be fine to game on; not anymore. You can either:
-add an 'identical' stick. Not guaranteed to work, since it hasn't been tested beforehand; you'll be the one doing the 'testing'. All an 'identical' stick does is increase your odds of success; it may still fail.
-replace the single stick with a dual channel kit.

Your crashes are caused by either Windows or gpu drivers, or insufficient power supply - whatever it is.

Reactions: throwawayaccnt

ahmediqbal1

Commendable
Mar 4, 2018
2 flags:
1)Kingston A400 120GB SSD
That's one of those cheap, Dram-less SSDs, if I recall correctly. They lose a lot of speed when they are close to full, performing on par with, or worse than a HDD.
That's your C drive too, so it'll affect most of your programs. Clear some space, or get a bigger drive.

2)Single channel memory config
That USED to be fine to game on; not anymore. You can either:
-add an 'identical' stick. Not guaranteed to work, since it hasn't been tested beforehand; you'll be the one doing the 'testing'. All an 'identical' stick does is increase your odds of success; it may still fail.
-replace the single stick with a dual channel kit.

Your crashes are caused by either Windows or gpu drivers, or insufficient power supply - whatever it is.

The SSD is C drive yes it's only for booting and stuff,so i delete/move everything in it to another drive right?

For the Ram,Do i completely replace this with 2 other 4Gb rams of the same company/the same sticks?

Also i monitored my Temps and they are 80+ on the GPU,also on the website it says that the GPU is underperformancing,any ideas why?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
1)If you can, that is. 120GBs is pretty tight for an OS only drive.

2)It doesn't have to be the same company/sticks. What matters is that they are packaged together; all the compatibility testing was done already.
I would suggest bumping it up to a 2x 8GB kit though. Some games are pushing the boundaries of what 8GBs can handle - some have already exceeded that.
Memory behaves in a similar manner to storage; it too, slows down past a certain point - say, 75% or so. So even though you 'have enough', you never really want to use it all.

3)As long as your RX 580 isn't thermal throttling, then it should be fine. It has a temp limit of 90C, after which failure to control will make the gpu, and PC, shut off on you.
I would strongly suggest setting a custom fan curve if you haven't already - the default ones tend to suck most of the time.

Do not pay any mind to those 'performance' statements. Userbenchmark is worthless for measuring a PC's overall performance. Your RX 580 is being compared to people who overclocked theirs 'to the moon', instead of a stock gpu.
It's still within 10% of those heavily OC'd ones, so it's performing fine.

It does have its uses, though, such as troubleshooting.

Solution

ahmediqbal1

Commendable
Mar 4, 2018
Do you suggest i also change my case since this one seems a bit too small

Should i get 2 8gb sticks differently or just stick one 8gb stick in my PC since this already has a 8gb stick?

Do you suggest I overclock or is the stock fine?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Do you suggest i also change my case since this one seems a bit too small
If it ain't broke...

Should i get 2 8gb sticks differently or just stick one 8gb stick in my PC since this already has a 8gb stick?
A new 2x 8GB kit to replace the single is recommended.
You COULD just add another 8GB, but that's playing a lottery; no one could tell you if it would work or not. YOU would be the one doing the testing and certification.

Do you suggest I overclock or is the stock fine?
No, you don't have the headroom for it.
In your 2nd post, you already mention having temps over 80C. Overclocking increases power usage = more heat.
Over 85C isn't good for the gpu long term anyways.

SlayerXㅤ

Commendable
Mar 9, 2020
If it ain't broke...

A new 2x 8GB kit to replace the single is recommended.
You COULD just add another 8GB, but that's playing a lottery; no one could tell you if it would work or not. YOU would be the one doing the testing and certification.

No, you don't have the headroom for it.
In your 2nd post, you already mention having temps over 80C. Overclocking increases power usage = more heat.
Over 85C isn't good for the gpu long term anyways.

Can I use 1x8 and 1x4 GB sticks? (my memory is DDR4 incase i didn't mention that)

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Can I use 1x8 and 1x4 GB sticks? (my memory is DDR4 incase i didn't mention that)
Yes, if you don't mind the possible compatibility issues that may arise from mismatched sticks - again, you are the one doing the testing.
Plus, your motherboard may not run in dual channel mode with different capacity sticks either. I've noticed that some do, and some don't. Cpu-Z is an easy way to check though.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Things change over time:
-sometimes Windows updates slow things down - silly Microsoft.
-not having cleared your browser cache in awhile does it too
-running outdated drivers: motherboard driver updates, for example, are one of the most commonly neglected because it's not automatically done for the user; they have to keep track of that themselves

-game updates and expansions may increase system resource consumption
-Particularly with storage and memory: once they exceed a certain percentage of their capacity, they slow down. Even though the user may still have a little space left, they never really want to use it all. Your Kingston A400 falls into this category. 120GBs is too small for an OS only drive these days, plus the fact that it's a dram-less drive at that doesn't help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS