[SOLVED] gigabyte b450m ds3h with ryzen 5 3600 support?

Solution
It will work on the board, but you will need to update the bios for it to run. Unfortunatly, for that board you will need a 1xxx or 2xxx series Ryzen CPU to update the bios.

Wolfshadw

Titan
No. Retailers are not required to update the BIOS, though (depending on the store) some may offer the service at a price.

There is also a chance that the store you're purchasing the motherboard from has received a new shipment of these boards with the BIOS already updated.

-Wolf sends

Oct 2, 2019
It will work on the board, but you will need to update the bios for it to run. Unfortunatly, for that board you will need a 1xxx or 2xxx series Ryzen CPU to update the bios.
Hi feelinfroggy777, why do you need a first or second series ryzen processor to update the motherboard? I've got another computer can I just chuck in a third series processor and get the update on a USB from my other computer?

Wolfshadw

Titan
Hi feelinfroggy777, why do you need a first or second series ryzen processor to update the motherboard? I've got another computer can I just chuck in a third series processor and get the update on a USB from my other computer?

Depending on the motherboard, a compatible processor needs to be installed in order for a BIOS update to be run. Some motherboards have a function called Flashback that allow you to change the BIOS without a natively supported motherboard..

-Wolf sends