slawson2000

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2013
I am trying to install a PERC 710P into a B560M DS3H V2 motherboard, 10400T CPU. When the card is installed the computer with the default bios settings., it will not boot, I get no bios, or no card bios options. Just a blank screen.
I want to run a raid 6 for storage and keep the OS on the M.2.

I tried changing some bios settings:
CSM Support: Enabled
Storage Boot Option Control: Legacy
Other PCI Devices: Legacy
Storage Control: Standard.

Same result.

Remove the card and the computer will boot if I accept/reload the default bios settings

So thoughts on compatibly, Is the card good? Is the motherboard good? Does the card need to be re-flashed? User error? I'm stumped.

Lutfij

Titan
Set the BIOS to UEFI and not CSM, then have only the M.2 SSD populating on the board, with the PERC disconnected for the time being. While in BIOS, check to see what BIOS version you're on. The card you're referring to was made in 2012, what OS are you trying to work with?

slawson2000

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2013
Bios Ver F2 (this shows inside the Bios) or Version 2.21.1278 (Ver 1AWUT240) during boot up.
Windows 10.
This card should load before Windows. I'm getting nothing.

Update,
I tested the H710P card in another machine and it popped up like it should. So the card seems okay...

Last edited:

slawson2000

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2013
Update....
I updated the bios to F4 (newest).
Loaded all the newest drivers from Gigabyte (https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B560M-DS3H-V2-rev-10/support#support-dl)
except one. The Intel SATA Preinstall driver (For AHCI / RAID Mode). Which I can a little confused as this board does not have Raid. Is there something in this driver that may help? Can this be added after Windows is installed?
After installing all these drivers, Windows Update found another driver for the PCIe So I installed it.

Still no joy.

slawson2000

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2013
It had been suggested to set the "CPU PCIe Link" speed to PCIe 2.0 ....

No joy.

Recommendations for switching out the MB or Raid Card? I'm stumped. I guess that is the nest step or have we missed something?

slawson2000

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2013
I have gotten to the point where it will boot, the card bios still wont pop up, but the computer bios and Windows both see it. Apparently in Device manager, I am missing drivers.
Thoughts?

slawson2000

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2013
Looking for a new solution. Obviously the H710P is not compatible and not a viable solution. If this card is not compatible, would an LSI Raid card be compatible? Chip problem?

Storage spaces or DrivePool and a SATA card?

slawson2000

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2013
Well, due to a lack of progress and knowledge I am abandoning this route. I do have this same issue in a couple other forums as well, but I have not had any luck their either. FWIW, I ordered a SATA card and am going with Windows Storage Spaces. Not fast, not what I want. But it will work, albeit a bit slow.

Lutfij, thanks for the interest in the thread.