boostergaming391

Honorable
Dec 29, 2018
i bought gigabyte RX 580 2048sp from seller in my country that i think he orders them for ali express, because no way price is that cheap here
anyway when i used it on my 768P tv i used to reach with downclocking -80mhz and downvoltage -60 around 69 to 74°C
but now since i got 1080p monitor running games on this res make the card sound like air jet and reaching 80°C probably more if it weren't for adjusting settings
i tried downclocking even more but it doesn't work
mind u i have my case open because when it was closed heat would stay cuz i don't have any fans on it and it's not that big
i just don't want to game at 80°C especially when i cannot afford new card at moment i am still dealing with other components

as for asking to change thermal paste i heard you can mess up thermal pads and damage the card i never tried changing it for card so i can't risk it
EDIT: so temp is below 77°C when fps limited to 60

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2024
Hello.
What exact Producer and model of the card you own?
I mean chinese producers takes RX570's cards and after a rebranding they obtain this cards.
In reality you own a RX570.
The question is : Your card is cooled enough by it's cooling system?
The traditional producers use very good quality thermal paste and thermal pads.
In order to achieve high performance of their cards, they invest a lot of money in research. How to obtain more Mhz from the card by OC-ing it (in factory) and to keep it cool enogh.
You think that your card is cooled enough?
I doubt.
In the end, those 77°C are not to worry.
But keep in mind, next time when you buy a video card, do it by buying only traditional producers (even if it is used) because they offer quality among everything else.

boostergaming391

Honorable
Dec 29, 2018
Hello.
What exact Producer and model of the card you own?
I mean chinese producers takes RX570's cards and after a rebranding they obtain this cards.
In reality you own a RX570.
The question is : Your card is cooled enough by it's cooling system?
The traditional producers use very good quality thermal paste and thermal pads.
In order to achieve high performance of their cards, they invest a lot of money in research. How to obtain more Mhz from the card by OC-ing it (in factory) and to keep it cool enogh.
You think that your card is cooled enough?
I doubt.
In the end, those 77°C are not to worry.
But keep in mind, next time when you buy a video card, do it by buying only traditional producers (even if it is used) because they offer quality among everything else.
yep i know it's bootleg RX 580 that is 12% weaker than real one
can u tell me how much card will last if temp is on 74°C ?, because i was taught that nvidia one would last only 5 years or so with that temp besides idk how much it was used by seller
also i understand why temps jumped now because i have game fps unlocked too (didn't know unlocking it increases temps) sucks i can't use my new 100hz monitor to it's full capabilities

Apr 19, 2024
Well in your case is more likely that you have a poor or maybe sometimes no contact between GPU and heatsink.
Keep in mind that a respected producer (let's take for example Sapphire) would choose all the time a solution that would provide the best contact between the GPU and the heatsink.
Do not forget also about the memories that would also need the cooling solution.
If in our case, the chinese manufacturer decided to adopt a bad cooling solution, t hat would (and for sure will lead) to a short life of your card.
It is your choice to either replace the card or if you decide that because of the price you want to keep it, to replace the thermal paste and most important thermal pads from memory chips.