Abhraneel Roy

Distinguished
May 29, 2014
These are some Psu's i found available in my country under a 100 bucks.

MSI MPG A650GF — 650 GOLD
CORSAIR CX750M — 750 WATT BRONZE
COOLER MASTER MWE — 650 WATT GOLD

Using i7 12700 + RTX 3060
Current Psu - Gigabyte P650B bronze(Working well till now xD, has a risk of blowing)

Is it possible that a higher end Bronze psu better than a cheap Gold psu??
I don't care about electricity bill, only thing I want is when the psu dies it dies itself and not take other components as well.

Other options are Deepcool, Evga, Xpg but they aren't very popular here maybe because of not good enough service center present.

Solution
bronze, gold, platiunum an so on are just labels that are supposed to tell about how much electricity is actually used vs wasted as heat. has noting to do with internal parts or how long they will last.

this is why you have to check out professional reviews of a unit to see what is inside, how it is built and how they test. most every brand makes some great units and also some junk ones.

the msi unit you listed is a good one and worth it over the corsair if the price is not massively more.
These are some Psu's i found available in my country under a 100 bucks.

MSI MPG A650GF — 650 GOLD
CORSAIR CX750M — 750 WATT BRONZE
COOLER MASTER MWE — 650 WATT GOLD

Using i7 12700 + RTX 3060
Current Psu - Gigabyte P650B bronze(Working well till now xD, has a risk of blowing)

Is it possible that a higher end Bronze psu better than a cheap Gold psu??
I don't care about electricity bill, only thing I want is when the psu dies it dies itself and not take other components as well.

Other options are Deepcool, Evga, Xpg but they aren't very popular here maybe because of not good enough service center present.
Just based on warranty go with the msi.

Reactions: Why_Me

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
bronze, gold, platiunum an so on are just labels that are supposed to tell about how much electricity is actually used vs wasted as heat. has noting to do with internal parts or how long they will last.

this is why you have to check out professional reviews of a unit to see what is inside, how it is built and how they test. most every brand makes some great units and also some junk ones.

the msi unit you listed is a good one and worth it over the corsair if the price is not massively more.

Reactions: Dark Lord of Tech
Solution

Abhraneel Roy

Distinguished
May 29, 2014

And what about the Cooler Master one?

Was thinking the same but i heard that PSUs with Gold certified means better capacitors so will last longer. Is it true?
Other than that
Corsair Bronze and Msi Gold costs same
One of the things to look for is the warranty length.
A longer warranty might be an indicator of better parts inside.
It is not a substitute for reading reviews.