Feraafiir

Commendable
Jun 11, 2017
Hey. So i bought GTX 1070 and it is not performing as well as in youtube videos and i think it has to do with the ram. It is 1 ram stick in a dual stick motherboard and im suspecting its bottlenecking my system. Gpu temp does not exceed 70 C and Cpu does not exceed 50 C. One example is GTA V on very high, 4x msaa and no extended distance range it runs 60-70fps but drops 40-50 alot of the time. Drivers are up to date and i deleted old gpu driver and reinstalled Geforce Experience. I'm looking for 16gb dual ram right now.

Specs:
GTX 1070
Ryzen 1500x
1.5TB 5400RPM
1x8GB Corsair Valueselect 2133mhz DDR4
A320M-HDV
240GB Kingston A400 SSD
600W PSU Corsair VS600

Solution
Yup, first of all, RYZEN CPUs are really hungry on the system Memory frequency. Apart from having 1 RAM kit, you also have a slower RAM with 2133mhz. Ryzen systems do indeed benefit from a faster clocked RAM kit (dual-channel).

But, I'm not fully sure whether this is giving you poor frame rates in games though. I think if you upgrade your RAM kit for a faster clocked memory, with decent CL Timings, then you should benefit from this setup, IMO.
Yup, first of all, RYZEN CPUs are really hungry on the system Memory frequency. Apart from having 1 RAM kit, you also have a slower RAM with 2133mhz. Ryzen systems do indeed benefit from a faster clocked RAM kit (dual-channel).

But, I'm not fully sure whether this is giving you poor frame rates in games though. I think if you upgrade your RAM kit for a faster clocked memory, with decent CL Timings, then you should benefit from this setup, IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: Feraafiir
Solution

Feraafiir

Commendable
Jun 11, 2017

Is 2x8gb Cl16 2600 or 3000mhz good enough?