Question GPU Fan is spinning at 100% but temp is still 80 degrees?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pomfrit

Great
BANNED
Oct 18, 2019
Hi, I was just playing The Witcher 3, and my GPU fan started spinning to a 100% and it was so loud it bothered me so much I had to exit my game. Also the temp is always at 80 degrees while gaming, no matter what I do... If the fan would spin at 100% I would at least expect to be the temp a bit lower. And I know 80 degrees is not a lot during gaming, but the main issue for me the really, really loud noise. What should I do?

my GPU: RX 570 4GB / single fan

Perhaps your case isn't getting enough airflow. More case fans may do the trick. Preferably some static pressure fans as many cases restrict airflow. Making simple high air flow fans with low static pressure inefficient. Beyond that. There isn't much to be done. Most RX570 have dual or triple fans and larger heatsink. A single fan will have trouble keeping a GPU that hot cooled.

Pomfrit

Great
BANNED
Oct 18, 2019
Perhaps your case isn't getting enough airflow. More case fans may do the trick. Preferably some static pressure fans as many cases restrict airflow. Making simple high air flow fans with low static pressure inefficient. Beyond that. There isn't much to be done. Most RX570 have dual or triple fans and larger heatsink. A single fan will have trouble keeping a GPU that hot cooled.
Well my case is from MasterBox Q300L Cooler Master...And I have the case laid down so the air comes in from all 4 sides of the pc..I have 2 front fans, 1 rare fan, cpu fan, gpu fan... Also I just tried and put the 2 front fans and the rare fan to full speed in Bios and it was still so loud in the game and the temp was still 80 degrees...

Status
Not open for further replies.