[SOLVED] GPU Fans not Spinning and No Display help

Jan 10, 2021
My gpu played some intensive games perfectly yesterday without any signs of it dying, the next day it won't display anything and it's fans aren't spinning.

So far I've only tried installing a different GPU (my old one) and it works but the RX doesn't

I also tried resetting with CMOS but it still doesn't display.

Specs:
Processor: Intel Core i5 760 CPU @ 2.80GHz
Motherboard: ASUS P7H55M-LX
RAM: 8.00 GB
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB
PSU: Corsair CV550

Solution
Hey, thanks for responding but I'm afraid my GPU is dead.

I actually didn't OC it but I undervolted it instead when it was still working, it drastically dropped my temps so I don't think heat could be the problem

Since it wasn't showing any signs of artifacting when it was alive, I believe the Power Ripple Burn thing killed it or something similar to it idk

Also tried with a friend's PC but to no avail as it didn't show any signs of life.

RIP RX 570 :<
Ehh, Undervoltage doesn't really damage too much unless we are talking -2v. The worst that would happen from under-volting a GPU would be it turns off from lack of voltage. I do think that it is an issue with the PSU. As dotas1 said, the CV line is not a very good line at all...

Ajfer03

Great
Jan 10, 2021
Seems you have done a good diagnosis here. Yes, the problem is definitely on your video card and not the board. Here are some troubleshooting tips, descending in the possibility that it is the cause:

- Insufficient power: Make sure all of the contacts on your GPU care clean that goes into the PCI-e x16 slot on your motherboard. It could also mean that your PCI-E power cable is not delivering power from your PSU properly, so check the contacts there. Blow everything out with air and see if that helps. Your PSU might also be failing. try swapping your current PSU with a different one that is known to work well. This actually has been the root of more of my PC problems than I want to admit.
-You burned it: Sometimes when playing some real intensive games, especially with an OC on your GPU you can cause some serious thermal damage to components on the card because of improper cooling. Also, when you play intensive games, a lot of power is passed through the card. Sometimes when this happens certain components on the card will fail because of all the power draw. If the board got hot enough, some solder joints can come loose, which will cause your card not to work. There are methods like "baking your GPU" in the oven which I do NOT recommend if you have a warranty and you have not tried everything else. Watch a video on youtube on how to properly do this is you HAVE TRIED everything else.
-PSU Power Ripple Burn: Sometimes when playing intensive games your PSU can drop in voltage on the 12v rail which is normal to an extent. When the game stops, sometimes if the power supply is old or of low quality, there is a "power surge" of sorts that causes an overvoltage on the 12v rail. While I don't think this is the cause because Corsair is a very good power supply brand, it can happen. If this was the case then I believe your card is toast, my friend.
- Not a cause, but recommendation: Try disassembling your card. Everything, all of it. Repaste your GPU die and put it back together. Sometimes taking something apart and putting it back together magically makes it work again.

Let me know how it goes, losing a GPU sucks, they don't come cheap.

Jan 10, 2021
Seems you have done a good diagnosis here. Yes, the problem is definitely on your video card and not the board. Here are some troubleshooting tips, descending in the possibility that it is the cause:

- Insufficient power: Make sure all of the contacts on your GPU care clean that goes into the PCI-e x16 slot on your motherboard. It could also mean that your PCI-E power cable is not delivering power from your PSU properly, so check the contacts there. Blow everything out with air and see if that helps. Your PSU might also be failing. try swapping your current PSU with a different one that is known to work well. This actually has been the root of more of my PC problems than I want to admit.
-You burned it: Sometimes when playing some real intensive games, especially with an OC on your GPU you can cause some serious thermal damage to components on the card because of improper cooling. Also, when you play intensive games, a lot of power is passed through the card. Sometimes when this happens certain components on the card will fail because of all the power draw. If the board got hot enough, some solder joints can come loose, which will cause your card not to work. There are methods like "baking your GPU" in the oven which I do NOT recommend if you have a warranty and you have not tried everything else. Watch a video on youtube on how to properly do this is you HAVE TRIED everything else.
-PSU Power Ripple Burn: Sometimes when playing intensive games your PSU can drop in voltage on the 12v rail which is normal to an extent. When the game stops, sometimes if the power supply is old or of low quality, there is a "power surge" of sorts that causes an overvoltage on the 12v rail. While I don't think this is the cause because Corsair is a very good power supply brand, it can happen. If this was the case then I believe your card is toast, my friend.
- Not a cause, but recommendation: Try disassembling your card. Everything, all of it. Repaste your GPU die and put it back together. Sometimes taking something apart and putting it back together magically makes it work again.

Let me know how it goes, losing a GPU sucks, they don't come cheap.

I actually didn't OC it but I undervolted it instead when it was still working, it drastically dropped my temps so I don't think heat could be the problem

Since it wasn't showing any signs of artifacting when it was alive, I believe the Power Ripple Burn thing killed it or something similar to it idk

Also tried with a friend's PC but to no avail as it didn't show any signs of life.

CV series from Corsair are to be avoided for any gaming PC. They are known to cause problems and have higher than normal failure rate. In fact I wouldn't use it at all, not even for an office PC. I prefer having clean power delivered to my hardware.

Ajfer03

Great
Jan 10, 2021

Ehh, Undervoltage doesn't really damage too much unless we are talking -2v. The worst that would happen from under-volting a GPU would be it turns off from lack of voltage. I do think that it is an issue with the PSU. As dotas1 said, the CV line is not a very good line at all, I would have told you that but I didn't notice what model you said, all I saw was Corsair. You might want to try "Baking" your GPU, as it seems you don't have anything to lose here.

Solution