[SOLVED] GPU fans ramp up then quickly slow down ?

rougesg

Commendable
Jan 21, 2020
When I play games, my gpu fans ramp up loudly and slows down quickly every couple seconds or so. It doesn't do this until I start running any games (Elden Ring, God of War, Valorant, League, etc.). After I quit my games, it starts doing the same thing even when idle. The problem seems to go away after I manually control the gpu fans with msi afterburner but I'd like them to work automatically the way they were intended to be.

MSI Afterburner:
GPU 210 MHz on idle & 2025 MHz on Elden Ring, MEM 405-810 MHz idle & 7000 MHz on Elden Ring, Volt 0 mV, Temp stays consistent at 43 C on idle and 62 C on Elden Ring

What I've tried:
  • Unplugging GPU from PCI-E & swapping it into a different port,
  • unplugging and replugging power supply cables,
  • replugging cpu and cooler,
  • reinserting ram sticks,
  • deleting and reinstalling gpu drivers

Specs:
Zotac Geforce RTX 3070,
ryzen 5 2600x,
msi b450 gaming pro carbon ac

Solution
When I play games, my gpu fans ramp up loudly and slows down quickly every couple seconds or so. It doesn't do this until I start running any games (Elden Ring, God of War, Valorant, League, etc.). After I quit my games, it starts doing the same thing even when idle. The problem seems to go away after I manually control the gpu fans with msi afterburner but I'd like them to work automatically the way they were intended to be.

MSI Afterburner:
GPU 210 MHz on idle & 2025 MHz on Elden Ring, MEM 405-810 MHz idle & 7000 MHz on Elden Ring, Volt 0 mV, Temp stays consistent at 43 C on idle and 62 C on Elden Ring

What I've tried:
  • unplugging and replugging...

MSI Afterburner:

What I've tried:
  • unplugging and replugging power supply cables,
  • replugging cpu and cooler,
  • reinserting ram sticks,
  • deleting and reinstalling gpu drivers
Specs:
Zotac Geforce RTX 3070,
ryzen 5 2600x,
msi b450 gaming pro carbon ac
I had the same issue with my gigabyte aurus master 3060ti
I did some googling around on the issue and it seems a bad fancurve was set in the bios of those cards

So AFAIK you have already implemented the solution:
A costum fan curve

Solution