[SOLVED] GPU fried, could my CPU potentially be damaged?

Nov 12, 2021
To preface this post for understanding, my build is as follows:
AMD Ryzen 5800x, Noctua D15, Asus Strix B550-F, Corsair Vengence Pro SL 2x8gb 3600mhz, Corsair RM750x 2021, (Old) Msi Gtx970.

As the title suggests, I am pretty sure my GPU just fried. I am building a new PC and currently cannot get my hands on a GPU from pretty much anywhere, but I had a Gtx970 that I took from my old (6 3/4 years) build that recently just died.
I correctly placed all my components on my motherboard and plugged my PSU into the board and to my graphics card to do a test boot. As I turned it on, two visible sparks came out from the PCIe connection to my graphics card, a fizzling sound could be heard, and it proceeded to smoke. I instantly turned off my PSU as I seen the sparks. There seems to be zero visible damage to the motherboard, no burns/blown capacitors of any kind, however, it was suggested to me that my CPU could now be damaged after this?
My motherboard power LED (and RGB) light up, my RAM (RGB) lights up, and my heatsink fans still spin.

I currently have no way to check if my build (without a GPU) will be functional/POST as I’m using an AMD Ryzen 5800x and it does not have integrated graphics.
Is damage to my CPU something I should be worried about right now? This has stressed me out beyond belief.
I appreciate any time spent to reply,
Thank you.

Solution
AMD Ryzen 5800x, Noctua D15, Asus Strix B550-F, Corsair Vengence Pro SL 2x8gb 3600mhz, Corsair RM750x 2021, (Old) Msi Gtx970.

As the title suggests, I am pretty sure my GPU just fried. I am building a new PC and currently cannot get my hands on a GPU from pretty much anywhere, but I had a Gtx970 that I took from my old (6 3/4 years) build that recently just died.
I correctly placed all my components on my motherboard and plugged my PSU into the board and to my graphics card to do a test boot. As I turned it on, two visible sparks came out from the PCIe connection to my graphics card, a fizzling sound could be heard, and it proceeded to smoke. I instantly turned off...

I correctly placed all my components on my motherboard and plugged my PSU into the board and to my graphics card to do a test boot. As I turned it on, two visible sparks came out from the PCIe connection to my graphics card, a fizzling sound could be heard, and it proceeded to smoke. I instantly turned off my PSU as I seen the sparks. There seems to be zero visible damage to the motherboard, no burns/blown capacitors of any kind, however, it was suggested to me that my CPU could now be damaged after this?
My motherboard power LED (and RGB) light up, my RAM (RGB) lights up, and my heatsink fans still spin.

I currently have no way to check if my build (without a GPU) will be functional/POST as I’m using an AMD Ryzen 5800x and it does not have integrated graphics.
Is damage to my CPU something I should be worried about right now? This has stressed me out beyond belief.
I appreciate any time spent to reply,
Thank you.
It seems unlikely the CPU has been damaged. My guess would be it is just the GPU that is dead, but I suppose it is possible the PSU has been damaged, but I think it is unlikely.

Solution