Question GPU scaling issues on new monitor (gets detected as a 4K monitor instead of 1440p)

ethan206

Honorable
Jul 27, 2018
I recently got a new gaming monitor (ASUS VG27AQ1A) but am having issues with game scaling. The thing is, I originally didn't have this issue at first; then, out of nowhere, it just started happening. My games' HUD all look zoomed in (Valorant, Cyberpunk, etc.) and it gets super annoying. I noticed that in all these games they detect my monitor as 4K and try and run at at 4K but the thing is, my monitor is 1440p. I found that I did have the option to change the resolution to 4K in Windows settings but when I did, it most definitely was not 4K and was some kind of weird upscaling/zoom in effect. I thought maybe it had something to do with AMD's super-resolution or NVIDIA image scaling thing but it wasn't turned on and I tried poking around in NVIDIA settings (control panel) and couldn't find anything either. And ASUS's website didn't seem to mention anything about a scaling thing and I couldn't find anything in the monitor settings.

Laptop I'm using: Razer Blade 14 2021 (5900HX, RTX 3060)