Seabass101

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2016
Quick question: What is your results (temps) for AMD RX GPUs exchanging the thermal paste to Thermal Grizzly Kyronaut paste?

Interested in any results, but hoping for RX 7000 series GPU results if anyone has done it

I changed the paste on an EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 with minimal to no result. I did this because it had been used for crypto mining for several months. I can't remember exactly what paste I used, but it was likely either Arctic MX-4 or Noctua NT-H1 which are in the same ballpark as Kryonaut. EVGA allowed this without voiding the warranty. Most other brands will void the warranty if you remove the heatsink. I've seen other people have higher temps after re-pasting their GPU for one reason or another.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
RX 7000 is very new, and gpu repasting is niche as it is... probably won't get much input at all, except from custom liquid cooled RX 7000 projects.

Kryonaut isn't a good option for everyone. It degrades faster at higher temperatures - even says so in the online product description:
"Kryonaut uses a special structure, which halts the drying out process at temperatures of up to 80° Celsius."
This isn't a problem for the target audience of the product though.