[SOLVED] GPU Usage Spikes - any value between 0 and 80

isicolonia

Prominent
Sep 28, 2018
My PC doesn't show the same GPU usage between my task manager and the Radeon software, is there some way of changing the settings to make it represent the usage more accurately?
The PC freezes very often, preventing me from playing any games and I can't seem to be able to find the root cause, so I'm hoping that this works out

Specs:
AMD R5 1400
ASRock AB350M Pro4
8GB RAM
WD 1TB
Gigabyte RX 560
EVGA 430W

This image shows what I see whenever I check the GPU usage with only Chrome + Discord open.

Solution
My PC doesn't show the same GPU usage between my task manager and the Radeon software, is there some way of changing the settings to make it represent the usage more accurately?
The PC freezes very often, preventing me from playing any games and I can't seem to be able to find the root cause, so I'm hoping that this works out

Specs:
AMD R5 1400
ASRock AB350M Pro4
8GB RAM
WD 1TB
Gigabyte RX 560
EVGA 430W

This image shows what I see whenever I check the GPU usage with only Chrome + Discord open.

I have heard of the radeon software being buggy and this seems like it could be thet software. The freezing could be a driver issue or a hard drive issue

Impala640

Reputable
Jan 21, 2019

Specs:
AMD R5 1400
ASRock AB350M Pro4
8GB RAM
WD 1TB
Gigabyte RX 560
EVGA 430W

I have heard of the radeon software being buggy and this seems like it could be thet software. The freezing could be a driver issue or a hard drive issue

Solution
Mar 25, 2020
Hi, I have the exact same problem - I'm using a Saphire RX580 and Ryzen 6 1600af msi b450m a pro motherboard. I just built this pc yesterday and I've been having this problem since the beginning.. Nothing is open and GPU utilisation will spike to random numbers from 0-70-100%.

Reactions: RydenAMD
Mar 25, 2020

Specs:
AMD R5 1400
ASRock AB350M Pro4
8GB RAM
WD 1TB
Gigabyte RX 560
EVGA 430W

I found a solution, go to RADEON settings then change the method of GPU UTIL Reporting to COMPUTE. The solved my problem.

TRENDING THREADS