Question GPU's fans at the max speed without any reason

Dec 14, 2019
Hello,

I don't know why but the fans of my MSI Radeon 5700XT OC are always at the maximum speed and making a lot of noise for no reason. I tried to control the number of RPM using MSI AfterBurner, but it's like nothing is happening.

Has anyone here ever encountered that problem, or would know how to correct that ?

Thanks a lot to everyone who will read this !

My config :

• CPU : AMD Ryzen 5 3600X
  • GPU : MSI Radeon 5700XT OC
  • RAM : Corsair Vengeance 16GO (2x8) (ref : CMW16GX4M2C3200C16 )
  • Motherboard : MSI b450 gaming pro ac
  • PSU : Corsair RM850x
  • Case : NZXT H500iwith two included fans supposed to be runned by NZXT Smart Device
  • Watercooling NZXT Kraken x52
  • OS : Microsoft Windows 10 Professionnel 64 bit (build 10.0.18363)

If you are running the previous 2019 version driver then I believe so.

I would really suggest updating to the latest Radeon driver, its a much nicer layout and there a small performance bump. Also adds a bunch of streaming and game recording functionality if you want those feautres.

Dec 14, 2019
My version is :
Radeon Software Version

So I think it's the latest isn't it ?

Btw I saw that you also have a 5700XT, is it making a loud noise for you, and what are the number of RPM in a rest state ? Maybe it's just me who think it's loud ahaha, but still looks weird for me to be as loud as it is.

Not really, my cards usually pretty quiet.

Do you have a MSI 5700XT Evoke? If so there is a known issue with their construction. MSI used half the thermal pads they should have in their early models (they fixed the issue recently) and the cards ran insanely hot.

As far as the driver, no that is an outdated one for the 2019 edition driver. You can just click the check for updates button in the driver software and get the new one or install it from here https://www.amd.com/en/support

Dec 14, 2019
Okay so mine is'nt normal at the moment ahaha

No I don't, I have an MSI Radeon 5700 XT Mech OC.

I'm dowloading that and I'll see what can I do with it, thanks.

I'll keep this topic updated as soon as it's done.

Dec 14, 2019
Not really, my cards usually pretty quiet.

Do you have a MSI 5700XT Evoke? If so there is a known issue with their construction. MSI used half the thermal pads they should have in their early models (they fixed the issue recently) and the cards ran insanely hot.

As far as the driver, no that is an outdated one for the 2019 edition driver. You can just click the check for updates button in the driver software and get the new one or install it from here https://www.amd.com/en/support

I downloaded the latest version, but still it's like I can't control the fan, it's really weird.

Gfost73

Reputable
Mar 23, 2019
id roll back the driver from 19.12.2 to 19.12.1 .. the newest version is very very buggy, and has been crashing games and causing weird issues. I experienced it myself, updated to new version and all my games would crash 2-3 seconds after loading, hitting windows key would let game work for another 3-4 seconds etc.. only solution I found was to remove 19.12.2 and reinstalled 19.12.1 and now all is well..