[SOLVED] Grapchic Card fan spinning but no display.

Sep 30, 2019
Specifications :-
CPU - AMD FX 6300
MOBO- Gigabyte GA 78LMT USB3
Graphic Card - NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1050TI
Power Supply - Antec VP500

As mentioned above, I have used this pc for about 1 year now. But, currently the graphic card is giving me headech. It stopped providing display for a while now. The fan is spinning smootly though. When I tried to run the setup on onboard graphics, it is working fine with all the same old components.
Please help me out here if anyone can.

Solution
If PCIe power cable needed, the power supply might not provide the needed power to the card. But these are just assumptions. Try borrowing a card, if possible, and testing.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Welcome to the forums my friend!

You say it has been working and then all of a sudden the display simply stopped? I agree with alexoiu it would be difficult to test without swapping parts. All I would say is the GPU could well be defective, and the PSU is poor quality, so could equally be the problem being as the onboard graphics work normally.

Reactions: Deserted Ranger
Sep 30, 2019
Welcome to the forums my friend!

You say it has been working and then all of a sudden the display simply stopped? I agree with alexoiu it would be difficult to test without swapping parts. All I would say is the GPU could well be defective, and the PSU is poor quality, so could equally be the problem being as the onboard graphics work normally.
So, please guide me on what should I do next to find out which part is faulty.