Sep 27, 2019
okay so pretty much this started a little bit after i got my graphics card, i’d say a month. when i’m just browsing the internet, or playing games that aren’t necessarily giving the gpu a heavy load, it works fine. but if i play dayz or minecraft with shaders(without shaders it’s fine) my screen will start having white and black looking static and my gpu will make a buzzing noise, the second i alt tab out of the game, it stops. if i go back into the game, it continues. i tried doing a stress test, but the second i try my gpu crashes and my monitor goes into power saving mode and shuts off, i’m forced to shut off my pc and restart it. any help would be appreciated. i’ve never tried overclocking, everything’s at default settings. SPECS: Graphics card: Geforce GTX 780Ti 3GB
CPU: Intel Core i5-4570 3.20GHZ (STOCK COOLER)
motherboard: just an hp mobo
power supply: thermaltake TR2 600W
ram: 20gb ddr3

Last edited:
Solution
Then that would signify that either the gpu's VRM or vram - maybe both - was overheating if a more aggressive fan curve reduced the artifacts.
The seller may have opened the card up at some point, and failed to properly reassemble it.
Sep 27, 2019
Possible issues:
-Power supply isn't up to handling the gpu
-You bought a bad card
This 780Ti new or used?
the power supply should be fine it was tested before, i got it off a friend, but who knows.. the 780ti is used i got it off ebay but i really don’t wanna believe it’s a faulty gpu😂 the gpu requires at least a 550watt power supply and i have a 600 watt, should be plenty of power for the gpu

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
the power supply should be fine it was tested before, i got it off a friend, but who knows.. the 780ti is used i got it off ebay but i really don’t wanna believe it’s a faulty gpu😂 the gpu requires at least a 550watt power supply and i have a 600 watt, should be plenty of power for the gpu
Quality over quantity... Thermaltake made multiple versions of the TR2 600w; the older models were junk and the newer models are just ok.

Cpu and gpu temps while the static and noise is going on?

Sep 27, 2019
Possible issues:
-Power supply isn't up to handling the gpu
-You bought a bad card
This 780Ti new or used?
Quality over quantity... Thermaltake made multiple versions of the TR2 600w; the older models were junk and the newer models are just ok.

Cpu and gpu temps while the static and noise is going on?
the temperatures is where it gets weird to me, my cpu is around 35c when idle, and my gpu is 35-40c when idle, but when i launch a game that would cause the noise, i would go check the temperatures and they wouldn’t go up, it would just act like their idle. but since i said before that the noise would go away right when i alt tab out, i left the game open on my screen for 30 seconds(any longer than that would crash the game/gpu) and i checked and my gpu temperature was at 60c for a second then would immediately drop back to 41c everytime. i feel like the gpu just gets hotter and hotter as i keep the game open and that’s maybe why the gpu will crash if the games open for an extended period of time. (i don’t have 2 monitors to check temperature and have game open at the same time, i have to alt tab out)

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
The gpu is supposed to get warmer if it's being used. 60-80C isn't unheard of.
You're running the latest drivers for this gpu?

This is looking more and more like a bad card. You may not want to believe the card is defective, but this is simply one of the downsides of buying second-hand.
It's either that, or your power supply failing to keep up with all the ups and downs in power usage from the card.

Sep 27, 2019
The gpu is supposed to get warmer if it's being used. 60-80C isn't unheard of.
You're running the latest drivers for this gpu?

This is looking more and more like a bad card. You may not want to believe the card is defective, but this is simply one of the downsides of buying second-hand.
It's either that, or your power supply failing to keep up with all the ups and downs in power usage from the card.
yes i’m running the latest drivers, i just made sure. i just downloaded msi afterburner and turned my gpu fans up from 35 (default) to 60, and i can run dayz with very minimal screen glitches, and no buzzing. it’s so confusing. it’s still there, but not nearly as bad.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Then that would signify that either the gpu's VRM or vram - maybe both - was overheating if a more aggressive fan curve reduced the artifacts.
The seller may have opened the card up at some point, and failed to properly reassemble it.

Solution