May 13, 2020
I built my PC a long time ago and up until now it was working fine, however now, if I even try to turn on GTA V i can only get 10fps in single player. Can anyone help?

PC specs:
GTX 1050 Ti (drivers up to date)
Intel Core i5-4670k
8gb Corsair Vengeance DDR 3
CX750M power supply
MSI z97 Gaming 3 MDB

Solution
Disable integrated GPU.
Go into BIOS and turn off multi-monitor option.
This will also increase ram available from 7GB to 8GB. Currently 1GB is reserved by integrated graphics.

BTW - you should really think about upgrading ram to 16GB. Currently 90% of your ram is used up.

Also - set power profile to Balanced or High Performance.
On what screen resolution are you playing games, 1080/60Hz screen ? Is your processor or the GPU overheating while playing Games ?

Have you tried re-installing all the Games from scratch ? Apart from GTA 5 what other games are giving you this low FPS ?

Last edited:
May 13, 2020
On what screen resolution are you playing games, 1080/60Hx screen ? Is your processor or the GPU overheating while playing Games ?

Have you tried re-installing all the Games from scratch ? Apart from GTA 5 what other games are giving you this low FPS ?

Since having these problems I reduced my resolution to 1280 x 720. I ran a stress test on my GPU (leveled at 60 degrees and slowly climbed by 1 degree) and CPU (temp went up to 70 degrees and hovered around there).
I have tried re-installing the games but it hasn't helped.
Low FPS also on Rainbow Six Siege and even Sims 4 and Hearthstone!

Iniaskle

Commendable
Mar 5, 2019
Since having these problems I reduced my resolution to 1280 x 720. I ran a stress test on my GPU (leveled at 60 degrees and slowly climbed by 1 degree) and CPU (temp went up to 70 degrees and hovered around there).
I have tried re-installing the games but it hasn't helped.
Low FPS also on Rainbow Six Siege and even Sims 4 and Hearthstone!
Maybe a driver update messed something up? Are all games 10FPS or are they different?

May 13, 2020
Maybe a driver update messed something up? Are all games 10FPS or are they different?

Yes, it does 10-20 fps and lags every couple seconds on all games. I just tried unplugging my graphics card and plugging it into my motherboard graphics to see if that would change anything but the game played exactly the same! Does this mean its something else causing the issue? What could it be? :(
Also just re-checked by CPU temp and this is the results:
Core 0 = Max 92 degrees
Core 1 = Max 89 degrees
Core 2 = Max 88 degrees
Core 3 = Max 82 degrees

Last edited:

Iniaskle

Commendable
Mar 5, 2019
Yes, it does 10-20 fps and lags every couple seconds on all games. I just tried unplugging my graphics card and plugging it into my motherboard graphics to see if that would change anything but the game played exactly the same! Does this mean its something else causing the issue? What could it be? :(
Also just re-checked by CPU temp and this is the results:
Core 0 = Max 92 degrees
Core 1 = Max 89 degrees
Core 2 = Max 88 degrees
Core 3 = Max 82 degrees
Those are some hot CPU temps, are you sure your cable for display is plugged in the graphics card and not in the motherboard?

May 13, 2020
I also think that's the reason why it gets so hot, because you are running integrated graphics. You should plug in your cables right here, not the upper ports. View: https://imgur.com/a/fVbnCzF

I changed my fan for my CPU as I installed it the wrong way around but now its right and I just changed to the integrated graphics to check if it was working the same, now I've plugged it into my GPU again and it's still working the same at low FPS. My CPU is now at 50 degrees and hoovering around there even when I turn games on. Could it be that the CPU is faulty because it wasn't being cooled properly for a long time?

Iniaskle

Commendable
Mar 5, 2019
I changed my fan for my CPU as I installed it the wrong way around but now its right and I just changed to the integrated graphics to check if it was working the same, now I've plugged it into my GPU again and it's still working the same at low FPS. My CPU is now at 50 degrees and hoovering around there even when I turn games on. Could it be that the CPU is faulty because it wasn't being cooled properly for a long time?
Is it 50 degrees while gaming or just during idle?

Iniaskle

Commendable
Mar 5, 2019
No, that is normal. You only have 8GB of ram and GTA 5 uses 7 of it that's why you it uses 90%. You should install MSI Afterburner or NZXT Cam to get an overlay over your games. That way you can see GPU and CPU usage and if you send a screenshot of that, I might be able to see if something is wrong.

Iniaskle

Commendable
Mar 5, 2019
I've found something that might have to do something with your problem.

Here are a couple of things you can verify to make sure that everything is properly set up :

-In Nvidia control panel, make sure PhysX are handled by the GPU and not the CPU's integrated graphics.
-Make sure your display cable is plugged into your GPU ports and not your motherboard's.
-Use GeForce Experience to download the latest drivers for your GPU.

May 13, 2020
I've found something that might have to do something with your problem.

Here are a couple of things you can verify to make sure that everything is properly set up :

-In Nvidia control panel, make sure PhysX are handled by the GPU and not the CPU's integrated graphics.
-Make sure your display cable is plugged into your GPU ports and not your motherboard's.
-Use GeForce Experience to download the latest drivers for your GPU.

Yup, done all that.

Disable integrated GPU.
This will also increase ram available from 7GB to 8GB. Currently 1GB is reserved by integrated graphics.

BTW - you should really think about upgrading ram to 16GB. Currently 90% of your ram is used up.

Last edited:
Reactions: doti100
Solution
May 13, 2020
Disable integrated GPU.

Thank you!
That worked. Now I'm getting 60fps on very high settings!
And I will look into upgrading ram but I'm unfamiliar with what ram is good as I can't find a lot of DDR3. Wouldnt mind any recommendations. :D