Half-Life 2: Beyond Black Mesa Fan Made Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

nevertell

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2009
+1 for Stryter.

I have actually thought about this long and hard, they should have made a movie about the first few days after the incident (like the 7 hour war), would be a great action movie with a sad ending.

Stryter

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2009
[citation][nom]nevertell[/nom].I have actually thought about this long and hard, they should have made a movie about the first few days after the incident (like the 7 hour war), would be a great action movie with a sad ending.[/citation]

Agreed, a great movie could be made out of the HL universe. You don't necessarily have to have Freeman starring in it, which in my opinion would be better if he wasn't. You'll never be able to find an actor that perfectly portrays him. Besides, we all know him as the man of 'few words' lol, which probably wouldn't translate too well to the big screen

nevertell

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2009
[citation][nom]Stryter[/nom]Agreed, a great movie could be made out of the HL universe. You don't necessarily have to have Freeman starring in it, which in my opinion would be better if he wasn't. You'll never be able to find an actor that perfectly portrays him. Besides, we all know him as the man of 'few words' lol, which probably wouldn't translate too well to the big screen[/citation]

I think that any hl movie with freeman in it would be awful, just because Valve has tried hard to make the player play the game, not play a role in a game, and it is imposible to make a movie where one of the characters is you. I sure hope I just made sense.

EvilMonk

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
[citation][nom]razercultmember1[/nom]*has[/citation]
Are you american?
Try to express yourself in another language than English, just try maybe spanish, french or german, then if you are able, maybe you can correct mistakes that other people are doing in their second or maybe third language.

touchdowntexas13

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
[citation][nom]EvilMonk[/nom]Are you american?Try to express yourself in another language than English, just try maybe spanish, french or german, then if you are able, maybe you can correct mistakes that other people are doing in their second or maybe third language.[/citation]

Sure that is very true, but its not like he was being critical of the guy or making fun of him. He just made the correction.

If I was trying to speak a second or third language, I would want someone to show me my mistakes as long as it was in a mature and positive way. That's how people LEARN to speak those languages better. But I guess if you have no interest in speaking a language better than by all means give me a thumbs down.

IncinX

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2006
With all the fan made trailers that have come out for Mortal Kombat and various other movies. I am starting to think that indie movie makers could make better movies than those currently out for half the cost.

bildo123

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007
[citation][nom]EvilMonk[/nom]Are you american?Try to express yourself in another language than English, just try maybe spanish, french or german, then if you are able, maybe you can correct mistakes that other people are doing in their second or maybe third language.[/citation]

Eh, just a another member of the GNA, don't worry, they usually double as trolls.

rebus_forever

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2009
[citation][nom]regulas[/nom]HL2 would make a great movie as would Starcraft. HL2 still has to be my all time favorite straight forward FPS.[/citation]

starcraft? oh, you must mean 40k.

pozaks

Distinguished
May 12, 2010
[citation][nom]rebus_forever[/nom]starcraft? oh, you must mean 40k.[/citation]
That sprawling, convoluted mess of an esoteric nerd power fantasy? No, I doubt it.

adikos

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010
The Mist.

Technically the original HL was influenced by this stephen king novella (1980), which was later made into a movie. As for HL2, i'm sure someone could go in a bunch of different directions. One could really argue V (the old tv series or the new) have parallels with the HL2 storyline, its just the combine is much more oppressive, but im sure they started out semi-friendly. the gaps in the story between HL and HL2 allows for quite a bit of mystery.

JeanLuc

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2002
[citation][nom]regulas[/nom]HL2 would make a great movie as would Starcraft. HL2 still has to be my all time favorite straight forward FPS.[/citation]

They have the potential to make great movies just so long as the directors role isn't given Uwe Boll.

Antimatter79

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
The video was decent. Production value was just about on par with what the Purchase Brothers have done, but not nearly as exciting. Mostly running from the bad guys and flickering computer images was all that was impressed upon me. I give the guy an A for effort, though.

TheZander

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2009
Cool video, and I LOVE half life, but the voice on this sucks. I hope they don't actually use it ...

I would love to see a Half Life movie. Almost as much as Episode 3 ...

rebus_forever

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2009

im sure i dont need to tell you where starcraft came from, and calling one nerd fantasy without including the other, id call that a bias.

Status
Not open for further replies.