[SOLVED] Half of the gpu outside of pcie slot (urgent need fast solution)

Aleksxx03

Reputable
Jan 9, 2020
When I tried removing the flu I unscrewed the screws and unlocked the slot and after I tried removing it only half the card came out of the slot and the slot has locked itself I have added a photo.
139944191_212836673891207_212267915703704660_n.jpg

Solution
Trying pushing the card back in....and then try to take it out again....but THIS time....try to pull straight up on the card.

If you try to pully it out on an angle it can get jammed.

khodex1997

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2013
It looks like those pins were already shortened in the original picture you posted. It is a bit difficult to scratch them off.

My work is blocking me from your pics.
Maybe make a new post and hopefully someone will look at them.
They are hosted on facebook thats probably why. It just looks like the pin was shorted. Honestly looks too flat/clean cut to have been from yanking it out. Are you sure you aren't just realizing those ones are shorter?

PCIe x16 slot have small blocking lever. You can partially see it below card at right side in photo. This lever must be pushed down to unlock GPU card before taking it out. Seems you forgot about it.

Now push card back at left side to level it. DO NOT USE FORCE! When card is leveled straight, push slot blocking lever down and then you can easy pull the card out.