[SOLVED] Hard Drive shrunk to 350 MB instead of 180 GB Please help

anbddsiio

Prominent
Mar 21, 2019
The 350MB partition (G: ) is made when installing Windows. I would advise to delete the G: drive letter on that partition, as you don't want to mess with the files on it.

You're specifically looking for your C:, D: and E: "drives" (partitions). The D: and E: drive are both ~180GB in size.

If you add the C:, D: and E: partitions, the total is about 465GB, which tells me you have a 500GB hard drive.

Last edited:
Reactions: ElectrO_90

anbddsiio

Prominent
Mar 21, 2019
I was searching and found a solution for it. BUT it was not! I thought that converting G drive from Active to Logical drive would fix it. So, I used EaseUS Partition Master.
But after restart, instead of showing Windows loading screen, it is showing 'BOOTMGR not found' every time.
So, I made a bootable disc with EaseUS PM image and booted it.
And saw that the G drive has disappeared!
You can see the image here: View: http://imgur.com/ymmJsHF

I was searching and found a solution for it. BUT it was not! I thought that converting G drive from Active to Logical drive would fix it. So, I used EaseUS Partition Master.
But after restart, instead of showing Windows loading screen, it is showing 'BOOTMGR not found' every time.
So, I made a bootable disc with EaseUS PM image and booted it.
And saw that the G drive has disappeared!
You can see the image here: View: http://imgur.com/ymmJsHF
Don't know what the heck you are doing, your G "Drive" is not a drive but a partition and it didn't disappear but got a letter D: !!!! It's a BOOT partition and converting it to anything else will result in problems as it's made correctly by windows during installation.
All you had to do is to disable bloody letter for it.

McKeu

Proper
Mar 27, 2019
From your Speccy I can see that you have exactly ONE hard drive:

Storage
465GB Western Digital WDC WD5000LPVX-22V0TT0 ATA Device (SATA ):
42 °C

It is just partitioned. There is nothing more to it. It's like one pie that you cut into several pieces. Some partitions Windows makes itself, some are user made. I do not really see any issue that needs any intervention here.

McKeu

Proper
Mar 27, 2019
So, everything OK?
Yes. It is still weird why your system partition got that extra drive letter (unless you partitioned it that way during the Windows installation by accident), but I would assume that everything is okay.
Do you see all the partitions that have a drive letter in your Windows Explorer with their usual size?
Can you shut down and restart your machine without issues?
Then everything should be absolutely fine.

P.S.: If something says SYSTEM partition, do not mess with it. You might render your system unbootable, resulting in you most likely having to format the whole hard drive with all its partitions in order to reinstall the OS or lose disk space.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS