[SOLVED] Hard drives don't appear as boot options

May 6, 2020
Hello everyone,

I've just recently finished building my new system and I've ran into a problem: I'm not able to choose a boot drive from my BIOS UI. The only two options is the Intel gigabit something something. I'm using the Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming paired with an M.2 (Samsung EVO 960 256 GB) and SSHD drive (Seagate FireCuda 2TB). The devices are detected in the BIOS but I have yet to find a way to add my drives. I formated my SSD M.2 Drive before I switched motherboards as it was used on a B350 earlier. I did keep my personal files, but the Seagate FireCuda is brand new.

Do anyone have a solution? Thanks in advance!

Solution
Excuse the confusion. I used the windows recovery feature before switching motherboards and I removed all but my personal files. The fix was to enable CSM launch
And Best Practice for moving to a new motherboard is a clean install in the new system.
Hopefully yours continues to work OK.
Hello everyone,

I've just recently finished building my new system and I've ran into a problem: I'm not able to choose a boot drive from my BIOS UI. The only two options is the Intel gigabit something something. I'm using the Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming paired with an M.2 (Samsung EVO 960 256 GB) and SSHD drive (Seagate FireCuda 2TB). The devices are detected in the BIOS but I have yet to find a way to add my drives. I formated my SSD M.2 Drive before I switched motherboards as it was used on a B350 earlier. I did keep my personal files, but the Seagate FireCuda is brand new.

Do anyone have a solution? Thanks in advance!
Do you have OS on any of those drives ?

May 6, 2020
M.2 drive should show in BIOS as BOOT optin as "Windows Uefi on Samsung 960 evo" but your other drive can't show as bootable device because it isn't, it's probably not even formatted.
That'a the thing it should show up so why doesn't it? Do I have to change settings or activate something? I have a Microsoft key USB stick should I use that in some way as I did the first time with my other computer?

That'a the thing it should show up so why doesn't it? Do I have to change settings or activate something? I have a Microsoft key USB stick should I use that in some way as I did the first time with my other computer?
Still not clear to me, is windows installed and working on 960 or not ? You said earlier that you formatted it. Can you boot to windows with only that drive installed ?

May 6, 2020
On which drive ?
Still not clear to me, is windows installed and working on 960 or not ? You said earlier that you formatted it. Can you boot to windows with only that drive installed ?
Sorry for the confusion, I'm not on a high level when it comes to explaining technical issues.
I used the windows recovery function on my SSD where windows is installed before I removed the SSD from the old MoBo, I also choose the "keep my files option". Now on my new MoBo (X570-F), both devices are detected by the BIOS and system but the only booting drive options is some "remote Intel gigabit" Ippv4 and 6 something. But I'm not able to get past the BIOS and into windows 10 if that was your question.

Sorry for the confusion, I'm not on a high level when it comes to explaining technical issues.
I used the windows recovery function on my SSD where windows is installed before I removed the SSD from the old MoBo, I also choose the "keep my files option". Now on my new MoBo (X570-F), both devices are detected by the BIOS and system but the only booting drive options is some "remote Intel gigabit" Ippv4 and 6 something. But I'm not able to get past the BIOS and into windows 10 if that was your question.
Only Intel part on that MB is network adapter
"Intel® I211-AT, 1 x Gigabit LAN Controller(s) " that's for booting from network, obviously something you don't need. I suggest you start windows reinstallation frmo a windows boot USB while only M.2 is installed. In BIOS disable CSM so UEFI is only option.

May 6, 2020
Only Intel part on that MB is network adapter
"Intel® I211-AT, 1 x Gigabit LAN Controller(s) " that's for booting from network, obviously something you don't need. I suggest you start windows reinstallation frmo a windows boot USB while only M.2 is installed. In BIOS disable CSM so UEFI is only option.
I disable the network stack configuration so that the Intel boot options disappeared, now I'm left with nothing although my drives are showing up. I plugged in the Windows USB stick but it's not a bootable device either. So I'll try removing my SSHD drive and start from there. CSM is disabled

May 6, 2020
I FIXED IT! Just enable CSM launch and but the bottom three options as legacy and it booted right up into windows after restart! Thanks for your help and efforts mike

May 6, 2020
"I formated my SSD M.2 Drive before I switched motherboards "

What do you mean by "formatted" ?

EDIT: I guess you got it fixed.
Excuse the confusion. I used the windows recovery feature before switching motherboards and I removed all but my personal files. The fix was to enable CSM launch