Solution
Yes, if the PSU is supplying an unreliable current. It can cause all sorts of stability issues. Same if you are experiencing brownouts. A good quality PSU is a recommended part of any build.
So the same can happen when the PSU is recieving low voltage?

If it's outside the range the PSU is rated for. If you are having low voltage issues. An automatic voltage regulator is the cheapest option to help clean up power. Although UPS systems. Depending on the system. Do a better job.

If this is a frequent issue you should have an electrician check your lines. Also call your power company. Although some countries simply have poor quality power and you'll need equipment to clean everything up. What sort and how much it'll cost you all depends on the quality of your electrical grid.

Reactions: Sayan Logan

Sayan Logan

Honorable
Sep 25, 2016
If it's outside the range the PSU is rated for. If you are having low voltage issues. An automatic voltage regulator is the cheapest option to help clean up power. Although UPS systems. Depending on the system. Do a better job.

If this is a frequent issue you should have an electrician check your lines. Also call your power company. Although some countries simply have poor quality power and you'll need equipment to clean everything up. What sort and how much it'll cost you all depends on the quality of your electrical grid.
Can a voltage stabilizer fix my problem?

Sayan Logan

Honorable
Sep 25, 2016
Let's cut to the chase.

What PSU do you have? Where are you located (country)? How low is your mains voltage going?

If your mains voltage goes to low, it would cause the PSU to shut off or perhaps reboot. Low input voltage is NOT going to cause a BSOD.
I have Cooler Master 450w Power Supply
I live in India
Don't know how low my main voltage is...but its it's pretty noticeable...

Recently i started to have this problem after i upgraded my Motherboard and CPU...
Checked all of my hardware but there was no problem or anything with that so I took the PC to a repair shop but it was working fine there... BSOD was gone...

Ok. Now which MWE? V1, V2 or 230V?

The part numbers are MPE-4501-ACABW (230V), MPE-4501-ACABW (230V V2), MPE-4501-ACAAB (MWE Bronze) or MPE-4501-ACAAW (MWE White full range)?

If you have the first two on your list, that could be an issue if you have bad mains power as they only support input voltages as low as 200V. After the mains voltage drops below 200V, all bets are off.

The whole reason why Corsair discontinued the original VS Series is for the same reason. When the product was sold in "developing countries" with inconsistent power infrastructure like India, parts of South East Asia, parts of South America, is that mains voltage would drop below 200V causing the PC to crash.

One should only use a 230V PSU if they know their power is stable and will remain over 200V at all times.

Reactions: Sayan Logan

Sayan Logan

Honorable
Sep 25, 2016
Ok. Now which MWE? V1, V2 or 230V?

The part numbers are MPE-4501-ACABW (230V), MPE-4501-ACABW (230V V2), MPE-4501-ACAAB (MWE Bronze) or MPE-4501-ACAAW (MWE White full range)?

If you have the first two on your list, that could be an issue if you have bad mains power as they only support input voltages as low as 200V. After the mains voltage drops below 200V, all bets are off.

The whole reason why Corsair discontinued the original VS Series is for the same reason. When the product was sold in "developing countries" with inconsistent power infrastructure like India, parts of South East Asia, parts of South America, is that mains voltage would drop below 200V causing the PC to crash.

One should only use a 230V PSU if they know their power is stable and will remain over 200V at all times.
So a voltage stabilizer or UPS can solve my problem?

TRENDING THREADS