Mr Helix

Honorable
Jun 29, 2017
Hello! I only have Seagate 1TB HDD, so lately
I cleaned my pc inside out from dust and it all started after that i guess,
So after cleaning and plugging everything back in and my pc first started giving me bluescreens, '' innacessible boot drive'' errors, well after that i went to connect different sata connector on my mobo (hdd to mobo connector i have 4 of them)
So after i switched i guess it worked so i went back to my life, a couple days later i started to get random blue screens, i had trouble opening my games (they kept missing important dll files) then my OS got kind of corrupted, so i got a fresh windows installed now, and the only issue there is it shows me 100% disk usage most of the time,
Whenever i try to open league of legends it freezes pc for maybe few minutes (sometimes can only move mouse)
Same with opera, or anything else i guess,
But that's on startup. After sometime i guess its okay, though it does freeze my games sometimes but only once for the whole game.
So couple of things, i had a failing hdd before and it would always make some weird clicking noise or something, but not this time.
SO ANYWAY, sometime after startup it still might freeze things or even crash them, i have tried couple of things, which are disabling super fetch, completely disabling antivirus, i used seatools
It said everything is ok with drives
i scanned disks for errors (sfcscan then chkdsk /f /r and so on) which idk reached stage 5 fixing (C:) but in the end I'm not sure if it fixed anything cause whenever i scan it again it finds errors or something again, so i guess it won't fix.
So last thing i want to try is, disk optimizing and defragmentation, which i have never ever have done before, so i hope it will fix it, again i do think that disk is failing, but i reallly hope that it's not, it doesnt make any weird sounds.

My specs: i5 3470
16 gb ram ddr3
Gtx 1060
500 watt 80 plus
And i think my mobo is p8h61-M

So, i was planning on buying 120 gb ssd for OS and keeping this 1 tb drive just so i can store games on it, but i dont know if it'll be much of a difference so i want to know what you guys think and what you could suggest, thank you in advance!

Last edited:
Solution
Health is fine.
But this is Seagate Barracuda. This particular model is CMR, but still not recommended for installing windows on it.
You can use it for backups, archives, user media storage.

Definitely get SSD for your pc.
A good SATA 2.5"drive like - Samsung 860 evo, Crucial MX500.
Hello! I only have Seagate 1TB HDD, so lately
I cleaned my pc inside out from dust and it all started after that i guess,
So after cleaning and plugging everything back in and my pc first started giving me bluescreens, '' innacessible boot drive'' errors, well after that i went to connect different sata connector on my mobo (hdd to mobo connector i have 4 of them)
So after i switched i guess it worked so i went back to my life, a couple days later i started to get random blue screens, i had trouble opening my games (they kept missing important dll files) then my OS got kind of corrupted, so i got a fresh windows installed now, and the only issue there is it shows me 100% disk usage most of the time,
Whenever i try to open league of legends it freezes pc for maybe few minutes (sometimes can only move mouse)
Same with opera, or anything else i guess,
But that's on startup. After sometime i guess its okay, though it does freeze my games sometimes but only once for the whole game.
So couple of things, i had a failing hdd before and it would always make some weird clicking noise or something, but not this time.
SO ANYWAY, sometime after startup it still might freeze things or even crash them, i have tried couple of things, which are disabling super fetch, completely disabling antivirus, i used seatools
It said everything is ok with drives
i scanned disks for errors (sfcscan then chkdsk /f /r and so on) which idk reached stage 5 fixing (C:) but in the end I'm not sure if it fixed anything cause whenever i scan it again it finds errors or something again, so i guess it won't fix.
So last thing i want to try is, disk optimizing and defragmentation, which i have never ever have done before, so i hope it will fix it, again i do think that disk is failing, but i reallly hope that it's not, it doesnt make any weird sounds.

My specs: i5 3470
16 gb ram ddr3
Gtx 1060
500 watt 80 plus
And i think my mobo is p8h61-M

So, i was planning on buying 120 gb ssd for OS and keeping this 1 tb drive just so i can store games on it, but i dont know if it'll be much of a difference so i want to know what you guys think and what you could suggest, thank you in advance!
Post a screenshot from crystal disk info for the hdd.

Mr Helix

Honorable
Jun 29, 2017
Post a screenshot from crystal disk info for the hdd.
SeaTools lies. I've seen it award a passing grade to a drive that had 20,000 bad sectors.
Hello Hello Hello!!! im finally home, there you guys go.
311911804_650440899828041_8452818554053665021_n.png

Health is fine.
But this is Seagate Barracuda. This particular model is CMR, but still not recommended for installing windows on it.

Last edited:
Solution

Mr Helix

Honorable
Jun 29, 2017
Health is fine.
But this is Seagate Barracuda SMR drive. Not suitable for installing windows on it.

Hey, thank you so much for your answer, So do you suggest i can keep it for games storage?
and right now i have this Hdd split 2 disks 120 gb for System files(windows and such) and the rest as i said for games.
My mobo doesn't support any M2 ssds, and my budget is really really limited/tight right now.
i was thinking of something easy and simple like these
1-317.png

2-186.png

thanks alot for ur replies!

Latest posts