[SOLVED] HDMI device not working ( Your pc cant project to another screen. Try reinstalling the driver or using a different video card)

Rohith R Nair

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2015
Hi, my device is a lenovo Y50-70 with an 860m. I installed windows 10 last day after installing a new SSD and so i had to reinstall the graphics driver. My current version is 457.51. I tried connecting my external monitor to it but it seems i cant get a signal. So i opened the project window and it shows the "Your pc cant project to another screen. Try reinstalling the driver or using a different video card" message. I tried to update the card from the device manager but its already updated to the latest version. (Two options are shown under display adapter. Nvidia 860m and microsoft basic display adapter. I tried updating both)
Nvidia framework SDK 1.1.4923.29214634
Nvidia GeForce Experience 3.20.5.70
Nvidia Graphics Driver 457.51
Nvidia PhysX 9.19.0218
Please help!!

Solution
If you installed the video drivers from nVidia, remove those, and install them from the Lenovo support site, along with the chipset and the Intel drivers, then do the nVidia drivers last.

Rohith R Nair

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2015
If you installed the video drivers from nVidia, remove those, and install them from the Lenovo support site, along with the chipset and the Intel drivers, then do the nVidia drivers last.
Thanks for the answer. So should i just uninstall only the graphics driver or do i need to uninstall the other 3 softwares as well? Im sorry but i have never installed chipset and intel drivers. Are these two the same thing?

P.S I got a BSOD today with the error code Memory management. Dont know if thats relevant to this thread.

Rohith R Nair

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2015
Hey i just tried out what you said. I uninstalled the driver, went to the lenovo website and downloaded the intel chipset driver first, then the intel graphics driver and then the nvidia vga driver. Then i updated the graphics driver to the latest version.. Everything works good now. Thank you so much.

TRENDING THREADS