Question Hello! I'm having terrible Minecraft FPS with a powerful PC. I was thinking you guys might have some ideas...

Mar 28, 2020
So I just recently built myself a new computer and it's been working great for everything except Minecraft. It shouldn't have any problem at all with it but it's struggling. Usually it'll at least get 120+ fps, but it will pretty often dip even to 55 or so. That wouldn't be a problem except if I use even the most basic resource pack it absolutely destroys it. I know an RTX 2060 super definitely shouldn't be struggling like this. It's driving me crazy.
Thank you guys so much for even trying to help. I am
If you need more info please tell me!

I also ran HWInfo for a bit. I can upload that file if anyone think it might be useful.
  • Specs: Ryzen 7 2700x
  • RTX 2060 Super
  • 16GB DDR4
Things I have tried:
  • Using multiple different version of MC, Stable and Unstable
  • Making sure its using my card instead of integrated graphics
  • Allocating more and less RAM for MC. ex, 2G,4G,6G. No Difference
  • Using Nvidia control panel to manually set javaw to use the 2060
  • Setting high CPU priority
  • Rolling back driver
  • Doing a fresh install of windows
  • Making sure I am using x64 java
INCLUDED F3 MENU SCREENSHOT

View: https://imgur.com/a/523rh5o

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2020
i notice that you actually have a better cpu than me, but i have better fps that is arround 150-230. so there is no need to change the cpu or gpu.
I am completely certain that it is not an inadaquecy in my hardware. I have far more than enough raw power, there's something else going on, something specific to Minecraft or java. I just don't know what. I took some HWInfo hardware usage reports if that's useful