[SOLVED] Help choosing motherboard

Dec 5, 2021
Hey all,

I have an FX-6300 processor which I use typically for gaming (Not Overclocked).

My current motherboard is Asus M5A78L-M LX3 which supports up to 16 GB of ram max.

I'm thinking to go with ASRock 990FX Extreme 9 which supports upto 64*GB.

Can someone please suggest me a better board ?

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

My concern is that by the time you start looking into DDR3 rams that ae 16GB's per stick, you're looking at laxed latencies and pretty much a high price tag. You should stick to 16GB's for that platform. To add, you can't find 16GB sticks being used on their memory QVL...here.

Might I ask what you need all that ram for? As for the platform you're on, the cost of a board and rams will not be cheap, not for an outdated platform and not in 2021/2022. You're better off saving the money and investing in a concurrent platform like DDR5 where you can get 32GB's per stick.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

My concern is that by the time you start looking into DDR3 rams that ae 16GB's per stick, you're looking at laxed latencies and pretty much a high price tag. You should stick to 16GB's for that platform. To add, you can't find 16GB sticks being used on their memory QVL...here.

Might I ask what you need all that ram for? As for the platform you're on, the cost of a board and rams will not be cheap, not for an outdated platform and not in 2021/2022. You're better off saving the money and investing in a concurrent platform like DDR5 where you can get 32GB's per stick.

Solution