MatthewJamess

Reputable
Aug 24, 2020
Hi everone! I've reciently began upgrading my PC because I wanted it to start gaming on it. After buying a graphics card, I now need to upgrade my power supply.

I live in Argentina, and the pc component market never has a wide range of products to choose from, but the pandemic has made everything even worse, stocks are at an all-time-low, and prices have skyrocketed.

After searching for a while, the only options that are non-generic and worth considering are: Corsair CV650, EVGA BR 600/700, and Aerocool Cylon 600/700. All these units have 80+bronze certification. Keep in mind that I can't import another unit from another country.

As it is expected, I've heard both great and awful review for every unit, and they mosty reffer to loud noises and PSUs dying after a short while.

Does anyone has/has had any of this units and can tell me his or her experience with them? Also, among them, which one would you consider to be the best?

Solution
Where are you buying from? Because I'm finding plenty of other choices at ubuy.com.ar. I'd be personally uneasy getting a 2060 without a Corsair CX or better.

MatthewJamess

Reputable
Aug 24, 2020
What is the rest of your system spec?

In short, none of them are great but the CV is fine, not great, but it's not meant to be. Certainly better than the BR or Aerocool.

Thanks for the quick response!
After I finish buying everything, my specs will be:
Intel Core i5 4460
Asus H97M-E
EVGA 2060 KO ULTRA
16gb Kingston ddr3 1600mhz RAM
120 kingston ssd
480 ssd
1 tb 7200rpm WD blue drive
optical drive
4 120mm fans

I know those units aren't great, but unfortunately they are the best available here.

MatthewJamess

Reputable
Aug 24, 2020
Where are you buying from? Because I'm finding plenty of other choices at ubuy.com.ar. I'd be personally uneasy getting a 2060 without a Corsair CX or better.

Thanks for your response!

Unfortunately, the website you mentioned has a bad reputation of ripping people off, and doesn't even have products in the country, but rather imports them upon demand. If you want to check for reputable brands, I would suggest you visit these websites:

www.mercadolibre.com.ar

www.libreopcion.com

www.hardgamers.com.ar