May 2, 2021
Hi i want too get my CPU 5ghz and my ram rated speeds thats 3600mhz

im very new too overclocking havent touches the settings yet in bios .

how do i overclock my CPU to be at 5ghz at all times and get my ram and its rated speed that is 4x8 3600 mhz.

what do i change in bios? xmp profile dosent work as the board is auto overclocked on cpu settings .

and should i turn off mce, what volts should i change and how do i set my ram speeds and timings , and set dram volt and safe volts for 5ghz cpu.

what volts settings do i change?

Please help me .

specs:

cpu:i9-10900k

gpu:3080 asus rog strix oc

ram: g.skill trident z royal 4x8 3600mhz cl16

motherboard: asus rog strix xii hero maximus-Wi-Fi

aio:nzxt z73

psu:1000 watt gold certified asus rog

Solution
With a 3080 graphics card, I would assume that your main interest is in gaming.
I suggest you do not overclock at all.
With a good cooler, you should be able to get up to a 5.3 turbo boost on the cores that need it most.
May 2, 2021
With a 3080 graphics card, I would assume that your main interest is in gaming.
I suggest you do not overclock at all.
With a good cooler, you should be able to get up to a 5.3 turbo boost on the cores that need it most.
The thing is because of the auto settings my xmp makes the CPU unstable on turbo and crashes

Are your Bios and chpset drivers up to date, when not then OC's and in my experience RAM OC especially can be unstable. But Gefolt is correct in that a 5GHZ all core will give you nice Benchmark results the 5.3GHZ auto boost will help more in games. A high score in Cinebench does not mean more FPS in games. Check on HWinfo64 as to your VRM and Chipset temps as if your case airflow to those components is lacking it can also cause heat build up and instability.

Implementing XMP to get the 3600 speed on your ram should work.
Start with a default bios.
Be careful with a setting like "optimized settings"
That may induce some level of overclock.
Run memtest86 or memtest86+
They boot from a usb stick and do not use windows.
You can download them here:
If you can run a full pass with NO errors, your ram should be ok.

Running several more passes will sometimes uncover an issue, but it takes more time.
Probably not worth it unless you really suspect a ram issue.

It is harder for a motherboard to manage 4 sticks of ram vs. 2
That may be part of the issue.
Since only dual channel operation is possible, it was probably a mistake to buy a 4 stick 4 x 8gb kit than a single 2 x 16gb kit. Usually 4 stick kits cost more because of the increased difficulty in matching.

If memtest shows even a single error, contact g.skil for a rma.

When overclocking, there is more interaction with ram, particularly high sped ram.
Another reason for working with stock settings.

Your I9-10900K is a very powerful processor at default.
Use it at stock and enjoy.
You are unlikely to notice and real difference by overclocking.

But, if you are an enthusiast and want to experiment, by all means do so.
There should be a couple of forums which deal with overclocking our asus motherboard.

Reactions: alexbirdie

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
This a waste of time, and not worth the trouble for 100mhz and the higher power consumption. Why the hang up on a number(5)?
The cpu already does, out of the box:
4.8ghz all core -> 4.9ghz all core with Thermal Velocity Boost, which is active up to 70C.
It already does 5.0ghz with up to 4 cores active.
5.1ghz on 2 active cores -> 5.3ghz with TVB, but because of Windows, NZXT CAM, Aura Sync, and whatever else, you won't see this normally.

Turn on XMP - that ram kit should run just fine with that mobo.
Experiment with negative offset voltage instead of 100 mhz.

TommyTwoTone66

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 24, 2021
Yeah this is dumb, a 10900K will already overclock itself to 5.2Ghz+ under load with its "boost" mode.

All you're doing by increasing the base clock is making the CPU use more power when idle, increasing your temperatures and reducing stability. If you do manage to clock it to 5.0 on idle it will still boost up to 5.2 under load.

Waste of time. Concentrate on getting it stable at stock speed.