[SOLVED] Help needed booting windows, new ssd!

Loken77

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2013
Ok, don’t know if I’m in the right place but it all started with the SSD, so here it goes:

desktop working fine; moved from Nova Scotia to Vancouver, brought my faithful Desktop with me. Arrived, plugged it in, SSD (250gb, SATA) with OS wasn’t showing in boot order... didn’t have time to spare so I called the pc repair guy nearest to where I was staying and told him to give me his diagnosis. He said my ssd died and I needed a new one. Wanted to charge me $650 CAD for a new M2 SSD (top quality he said), installing Windows and backing up my data. Thought it was a rip off so I said no. Bought a new M2 NVME Samsung 970 500gb for $89.99 on Best Buy (was on sale), created a bootable media tool with windows 10 64 (first mistake, I needed 32). Installed windows 64 on new M2 ssd, but then it wasn’t showing on boot order, thought I may need to upgrade bios to get it to read M2, physically checked with the manual for my MOBO for compatibility and that it was installed correctly (MSI Z170A LGA 1151), and then thought “screw it, going to install it on my secondary drive (1TB WD hard drive)” (second mistake). After installation was done and boot was done I cloned the dead ssd to the new M2 and that’s about when I noticed I installed windows 64 instead of 32, “doesn’t matter I thought, just going to clone it, try to boot it, repair with new media tool with windows 32 and be done in a flash” (Boy was I wrong).

M2 booted but showed error code: 0xc0000225, “windload.efi” file missing (might have made a mistake on the spelling of that file name). Tried setup repair with media tool, nothing. Tried command prompter “bootrec/rebuilddbc” showed 2 windows installed, said no to the hard drive and yes to the M2, showed System32 now so I thought I somehow did it. PC restart same error but now when I try to boot from the media tool it gives me error code: 0xc000000e. Tried disconnecting and reconnecting, nothing.

At this point I recognized that I am extremely out of my depth and I may be making things worse so now I’m typing this very long post to beg you to help me figure this out.

Thank you for your time! Tell me if you need more info

Solution
can scarcely understand why there ever was a 32 bit version of Win10...

It is as useless as...well, this is a 'family-safe' forum, so I'll refrain from elaborating!